Question Deciding between two monitors

mattwerew

Commendable
Jul 26, 2021
I've done quite a bit of research and its boiled down to two monitors, the AOC CU34G2X/BK and the Gigabyte M27Q-P. The AOC monitor is about 20 bucks more expensive than the Gigabyte monitor.

I'm already using the Samsung CRG50 as my current monitor. I game with my room light off so the better contrast ratio would be beneficial, so that's why I'm steering towards the AOC monitor. However I'm worried about the response time for the AOC monitor, because on RTINGS its been measured at 20ms. But that seems to be a different version of the monitor, so I don't know if the response time will be same or different .

The only reason I'm mentioning that Gigabyte monitor is because I can't find another IPS monitor fits my needs and is in stock at the budget I'm looking at($500~AUD). Even though VA would work better for my environment, I'm considering IPS as an alternative.

Speaking of alternatives, if there is any other monitors that has:
1440p
144hz or higher
response time less than 10ms
Good contrast ratio
VA or IPS
VESA 100x100 mounting if possible
Height adjustment
Costs 550 AUD or lower
that would be great.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Your research is pretty thorough.

If you wanted to spend a little less you could do worse:

If you are used to a curved VA, than I think the AOC monitor is the better choice, as long as you have the GPU to run it. To reduce the black smearing they talked about, run it at the native 120hz rather than 144hz, should do better.

But if you want to move to an IPS flat panel I think the Gigabyte is a decent choice. I did find one trusted review that is worth a watch:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjr7VGjnweo