Question Deciding on a EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 KO Gaming or a MSI Radeon RX 6600 XT Mech 2X OC

progmgp

Honorable
Dec 27, 2016
Hi, I am thinking on upgrading my video card. I play Ark Survival and notice that the stutter almost makes the game unplayable. When I swing my mouse around quickly the game freezes as if the card was trying to keep up. And if I move too fast the Video card causes game crashes.
I also realize that this particular game is CPU intensive and make me wonder is the video card would even make a difference. I need some pro help.

My current system is an i7-6700CPU with 16GB ram. GPU is a MSI Radeon 480X with 4G Ram. I am running the game off an SSD card. I use 4 2K Monitors but only play on a single 27" 2k monitor.

I am poor so I can not afford to waste money. My specific questions are:
  1. Will it be worth the $400 to upgrade to either of these cards, will I see a noticeable upgrade in game play?
  2. If so which would you choose(EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 KO Gaming or a MSI Radeon RX 6600 XT Mech 2X OC)?
I am leaning toward the MSI Radeon RX 6600 XT Mech 2X OC. but I read that it does not support DLSS.
Keep in mind that my system is older and I may not need DLSS ever. The only other games I play are Race simulators.

Looking forward to any thought you have.
Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of your PSU and it's age? As for your GPU, provided your PSU is up to snuff and not as old as the processor in your build, I'd get the Nvidia card if the titles you want to tax the GPU/system with can take advantage of DLSS. That being said, what titles are you going to play?

progmgp

Honorable
Dec 27, 2016
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of your PSU and it's age? As for your GPU, provided your PSU is up to snuff and not as old as the processor in your build, I'd get the Nvidia card if the titles you want to tax the GPU/system with can take advantage of DLSS. That being said, what titles are you going to play?
PSU is a Corsair RM850, I assume that indicates 850W. It is about 2.5years old. Right now I am not thinking of adding games as I am still enjoying my current ones(other than the stuttering and crashes).

Reactions: spentshells

TRENDING THREADS