[SOLVED] Deciding on GPU

PC Drew02

Reputable
Feb 1, 2016
Hello all,

I am in the process of acquiring parts for my second computer build. I think I am pretty set on an RTX 3000 series card, but I am on the fence with which one. I have attached my parts list (I already have the case). The system will be used for mostly gaming, running games like R6 Siege, COD Modern Warfare, PUBG and more.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Drew02/saved/#view=byWJMp

I know there is a new Ryzen CPU series being announced on the 8th, so I am not set on my MOBO or Ryzen 3700x CPU. I will wait to see what the new series brings in the same price point.

I am open to any and all suggestions as far as parts, but most importantly, which GPU should I go with? Originally, my goal was to stay under $1500, everything included. But I also do not want to upgrade my system in the next few years, so if the extra money up front is worth it, I am willing to pay.

Finally, I currently have a 1080p 144hz monitor. Will I run into issues, I know gaming at 1440p is better now. Do I need to look at upgrading the monitor as well?

Thank you all!

Solution
If your just playing esports titles and your going for high frame rates, def go for the 3070. It should be powerful enough to run many esports titles at over 200 fps at all high. If you are trying to play AAA and esports titles and you do want to upgrade your monitor, I would reccomend going for the 3080. It should be good enough to run many AAA titles at 1440p 60+ fps.
Jan 25, 2020
If your just playing esports titles and your going for high frame rates, def go for the 3070. It should be powerful enough to run many esports titles at over 200 fps at all high. If you are trying to play AAA and esports titles and you do want to upgrade your monitor, I would reccomend going for the 3080. It should be good enough to run many AAA titles at 1440p 60+ fps.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS