[SOLVED] Deciding on next monitor to add...Gsync or 144hz+ Freesync with Nvidia GPU

Oct 11, 2018
Good day all, I'm thinking about a few monitors. I'm recently became a ASUS ROG fan and most of my components are ROG strix stuff. I have a XG27VQ ASUS Rog strix monitor connected to a EVGA 1080 Ti SC2. Since the current monitor is freesync, its still been running well with good graphics and I've been playing fortnite on the automated settings to detect my graphics, which seems to allow me to play fortnite at 144hz using 1080p (which is the max pixels for this monitor). My question is, is all gsync going to do is to reduce screen tearing? Will it make my graphics any sharper? If not then I was going to stick with this monitor and save money. Otherwise, I will buy another monitor with gsync within the ASUS rog line. I see people saying that gsync made all the difference in the world and some saying it wont make any difference if your monitor can run more than 60hz. I dont want TN monitors because I returned a few predator TN monitors back to the store because of how horrible the colors and graphics were. I want either IPS or VA monitors. The current monitor is a VA monitor and it looks beautiful.

So these are the monitors I was looking at:

ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
ASUS ROG Swift Curved PG348Q
ROG Swift PG35VQ (freesync)
ROG Swift PG27VQ (I know this is a TN panel, but anyone has any input on the graphics on this one?)

Solution
G-Sync doesn't operate unless your framerate is below your monitor's refresh rate. If you're getting >144 FPS, G-Sync will never turn on anyway.