[SOLVED] Deciding on which motherboard

sagmani

Honorable
Jul 29, 2014
building a new computer i7 9700 k and MSI RTX 2070 super gaming x, which motherboard should I buy? I don't want to spend a lot of money I want to go with least expensive that would be a good board for these two components, I am thinking about overclocking the CPU but it will be my first time doing it so I'm not too crazy about this process, brands that I have in mind is Asus gigabyte, thinking about going with the lowest tier of those two brands but I am hoping that I won't have any trouble with these two components the CPU and the GPU!

Thank you!

Solution
You have few options if you want to keep it within budget but still good enough for a high end CPU that is a power hungry thing. The UD is alright model but I would suggest you to look into the Z390 Extreme 4, at this price you can't go wrong, really good VRMs and nice feature set.
building a new computer i7 9700 k and MSI RTX 2070 super gaming x, which motherboard should I buy? I don't want to spend a lot of money I want to go with least expensive that would be a good board for these two components, I am thinking about overclocking the CPU but it will be my first time doing it so I'm not too crazy about this process, brands that I have in mind is Asus gigabyte, thinking about going with the lowest tier of those two brands but I am hoping that I won't have any trouble with these two components the CPU and the GPU!

Thank you!

You could get a r5 3600 and a B450 Max board for less.

sagmani

Honorable
Jul 29, 2014
I really don't want to spend that much money its showing for $240 online right now what if I tell you I will get the gigabyte z390 UD that would be one of their lowest tier is that a bad option or it will work?

You have few options if you want to keep it within budget but still good enough for a high end CPU that is a power hungry thing. The UD is alright model but I would suggest you to look into the Z390 Extreme 4, at this price you can't go wrong, really good VRMs and nice feature set.

Solution