• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Deciding which monitor to buy

Jul 16, 2020
Hi guys,
I decided I'm gonna get a monitor and I need help deciding. Here's the thing, I'm a CS student, and most of my work on my laptop is coding/reading/watching videos. My main use of an extra monitor would be more screen real-estate, up until now I've been using my laptop's screen for everything, and I had to switch between apps and windows all the time, and it's so much easier to have like VS coded on one screen, and then a browser or a lecture recording or class material or whatever on the other, and to be switching back and forth between windows on just one screen is a big no-no.
So now that I've made it clear of what I'm gonna be using the monitor for, I'm on the hunt for a budget monitor, and I've come across a few that seemed like good candidates, however, I don't know much about monitors so I could use some help:
  1. Samsung S24R350FH
  2. Dell SE2419HR
  3. Dell UltraSharp U2415
also, the first two in 27".
I know the last one is a bit more expensive than the other two, but I know someone who just got one and is looking to sell it so I trust them that the monitor will be in brand new condition and for about the same price.
Any help is appreciated, Thanks ahead.

grimfox

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
If you can get the ultra sharp at a bargain price then that's probably the way I would go. For your use case being able to get a little more vertical resolution would be a benefit I think.

Jul 16, 2020
If you can get the ultra sharp at a bargain price then that's probably the way I would go. For your use case being able to get a little more vertical resolution would be a benefit I think.
In which case, do you think it'll be smarter to go for a brand new P2419h rather than a 2015 U model?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS