Decision on PC or Console

papalazabuns

Prominent
Oct 23, 2017
Hi guys, ive posted here a few times as I decided to start pc gaming after a few years break with the ps4. Tho ive hit a srand still as I cant decide which id ratger stick with. Price is a big issue as gaming is a hobby something I do for a few hours a day but I hear a lot of people say pcs are cheaper and as I worked prices out a pc and console are about the same price. Also a big factor is im not really techy and dont honestly care to be, I enjoy video games not loads of technical stuff so is upgradin a pc including mobo really conmlicated or could a simpleton like me do it? In the past I loved modding the heck out of fallout but I do recall many issues with the pc.

(emulation is also something I use the pc for)

Was just wondering on opinions as I cannot decide which platform I would rather use, is the pc worth it or too complicated for someone who doesnt like to faff with tech

Solution
Building a PC can be rather intimidating for people who don't do it. It takes a lot of time and there's lots of little things to watch out for. I think the return on investment is worth it though, generally the PC experience - graphics wise and frame wise - is FAR better.

Anyone here could help you pick out parts including myself. There are also a plethora of guides on Youtube about how to build a system and will take you through how to build one step by step.

If you don't want to build your own system, pre-built systems are honestly not a bad option at the moment. GPU/RAM prices are incredibly high because of cryptocurrency, and pre-built PCs generally don't mark up for that difference, meaning you might actually get a cheaper system...

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
Building a PC can be rather intimidating for people who don't do it. It takes a lot of time and there's lots of little things to watch out for. I think the return on investment is worth it though, generally the PC experience - graphics wise and frame wise - is FAR better.

Anyone here could help you pick out parts including myself. There are also a plethora of guides on Youtube about how to build a system and will take you through how to build one step by step.

If you don't want to build your own system, pre-built systems are honestly not a bad option at the moment. GPU/RAM prices are incredibly high because of cryptocurrency, and pre-built PCs generally don't mark up for that difference, meaning you might actually get a cheaper system pre-built than if you built it yourself at current prices. Just some food for thought.

This is my personal preference but I stay away from consoles. Of course they work out of the gate and have next-to no setup at all but you're fairly limited on what you can do with a console. If you prefer a "plug in and never touch it again" experience then maybe console is your way to go.

Solution

papalazabuns

Prominent
Oct 23, 2017
Ta Zoltan, so far irs seeming better value for money, my current rig has a 750ti which ive been told is still ok these days but the mobo and cpu are really dated, is it difficult switchin these parts as if not the pc is seeming the best option