DECK - Earthly Serpents

Deck Name: Earthly Serpents
Created By: Jukka Lindström

Serpentis + Protean works ?

I originally had a strong bruise angle on the deck based depravity +
ritual challenge and trap + skin of the adder and/or skin of marble. It
worked nicely (toporized lazverinus once;), but it lacked a little
ousting power, so I decided to ditch the combat part alltogether.

This utilizes the great new serpentis card revelations of desire which
allows these minions to bleed nicely. Venenation is used to put a
corruption counter (if blocked) on the preys minion and then play form
of mist and continue the action. Other basic serpentis stuff is
included...

Comments are welcome!

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 8, Max: 32, Avg: 4,83)
2 Chandler Hungerford PRO 3 Gangrel
3 Mirembe Kabbada ani PRO SER 5 Gangrel
3 Nadima ani aus FOR PRO SER 8 Gangrel
1 Amisa pre pro OBF SER 8 Followers of
Set
1 Sadie pro 2 Gangrel
Antitribu
1 Julius qui ser 1 Caitiff
1 Lalitha ser 2 Followers of
Set

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (15 cards)
3 Blood Doll
1 Crocodile Temple, The
1 Ecoterrorists
2 Protean
1 Serpentis
1 Zoo Hunting Ground
1 Backways
1 Dreams of the Sphinx
2 Rotschreck
1 Dummy Corporation
1 Perfectionist

Action (12 cards)
5 Enticement
3 Form of Corruption
4 Temptation

Action Modifier (16 cards)
6 Venenation
8 Revelation of Desire
2 Earth Control

Reaction (16 cards)
6 Ecstasy
4 Forced Awakening
2 Sonar
4 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

Combat (28 cards)
2 Bone Spur
2 Claws of the Dead
6 Earth Meld
6 Flesh of Marble
8 Form of Mist
2 Taste of Vitae
2 Wolf Claws

Equipment (1 cards)
1 Book of Going Forth by Night, The

Combo (2 cards)
2 Form of the Serpent

Prime wrote:

> Serpentis + Protean works ?

Yes. :)

(...)

> Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 8, Max: 32, Avg: 4,83)
> 2 Chandler Hungerford PRO 3 Gangrel
> 3 Mirembe Kabbada ani PRO SER 5 Gangrel
> 3 Nadima ani aus FOR PRO SER 8 Gangrel
> 1 Amisa pre pro OBF SER 8 Followers
of
> Set
> 1 Sadie pro 2 Gangrel
> Antitribu
> 1 Julius qui ser 1 Caitiff
> 1 Lalitha ser 2 Followers
of
> Set

I'd replace Amisa, Sadie, Julius ans Lalitha for 2x Horrock and 2x
Allan Woodstock.
Both are mid-cap with Superior Protean and animalism. This way you
could remove both protean disciplines below.

> Library: (90 cards)
> -------------------
> Master (15 cards)
> 3 Blood Doll

I'd add one more.

> 1 Crocodile Temple, The
> 1 Ecoterrorists
> 2 Protean

Remove both if you change your crypt.

> 1 Serpentis

I'm not sure also if it's needed...
Replace for an Intercept master card like KRCG or Rumour Mill.

> 1 Zoo Hunting Ground
> 1 Backways
> 1 Dreams of the Sphinx
> 2 Rotschreck
> 1 Dummy Corporation
> 1 Perfectionist
>
> Action (12 cards)
> 5 Enticement

I'd reduce to 4 and add 1 Army of Rats.

> 3 Form of Corruption
> 4 Temptation
>
> Action Modifier (16 cards)
> 6 Venenation
> 8 Revelation of Desire
> 2 Earth Control

You should have more of these (ECtrl) and maybe a bit less Form of
Myst... you'll never know if you can actually play a s:CE card when
blocked... so it's better to have some more stealth available IMO.

> Reaction (16 cards)
> 6 Ecstasy

I'd reduce to 4.

> 4 Forced Awakening

I'd reduce to 3.

> 2 Sonar

Add 2 more, and if possible

> 4 Wake with Evening`s Freshness
>
> Combat (28 cards)
> 2 Bone Spur
> 2 Claws of the Dead
> 6 Earth Meld
> 6 Flesh of Marble
> 8 Form of Mist

I'd reduce to 6 as explained before.

> 2 Taste of Vitae

I'd remove both.

> 2 Wolf Claws
>
> Equipment (1 cards)
> 1 Book of Going Forth by Night, The
>
> Combo (2 cards)
> 2 Form of the Serpent

Hope this helps!

..- Luis Duarte

Even if you don't make the proposed changes to the crypt, I would take
The Crocodile Temple out, as it requires Setites to play and you only
have 2 of them in your crypt atm.

Thanks for your comments.

I noticed some of the problems myself too after I posted the changed
decklisting - some of the problems were relics from the original deck
which was much more combat oriented (maybe more fun too :)

Comments for this are welcome too :)

Deck Name: Earthly Serpents (original)
Created By: Jukka Lindström
with dedicated combat decks with aggravated damage, but can torporize
normal minions quite often with trap + skin of adder or aggravated
damage.

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 7, Max: 31, Avg: 4,5)
1 Julius qui ser 1 Caitiff
2 Lalitha ser 2 Followers of
Set
2 Amisa pre pro OBF SER 8 Followers of
Set
1 Nehsi aus for OBF PRE PRO SER 10 Followers of
Set
3 Mirembe Kabbada ani PRO SER 5 Gangrel
2 Chandler Hungerford PRO 3 Gangrel
1 Sadie pro 2 Gangrel
Antitribu

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (18 cards)
3 Blood Doll
1 Crocodile Temple, The
1 Depravity
1 Ecoterrorists
1 Mob Connections
1 Opium Den
2 Path of Typhon, The
3 Protean
3 Serpentis
1 Temple Hunting Ground
1 Zoo Hunting Ground

Action (13 cards)
4 Bum`s Rush
3 Enticement
3 Form of Corruption
1 Ritual Challenge
2 Temptation

Action Modifier (9 cards)
5 Truth of a Thousand Lies
4 Venenation

Reaction (16 cards)
6 Ecstasy
4 Forced Awakening
2 Sonar
4 Wake with Evening`s Freshness

Combat (34 cards)
2 Bone Spur
2 Claws of the Dead
4 Earth Meld
4 Flesh of Marble
4 Form of Mist
2 Gleam of Red Eyes
8 Skin of the Adder
2 Taste of Vitae
4 Trap
2 Wolf Claws

This deck was last saved at 20:07:52 on 30.3.2005