Question Decrypting Symantec Endpoint Encrypyted Opal SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2020
Ive searched and tried everything possible for help on this.
I have 8 Lenovo Samsung Opal SSD drives.

All are old business hard drives and are all encrypted with Symantec Endpoint Encryption 8.2.1. I no longer has access to the console, I used to be a customer years ago. All of them automatically boot to the login screen of symantec asking for credentials of the user that registered the product (ex employees with their AD credentials, none are known). I have tried the customer service and because i am no longer a customer they are not willing to assist, especially considering they are now broadcom.

I need to decrypt these hard drives.

I have tried a PSID revert, when trying it states the PSID file is not found. I have tried Samsung Magic it states the drives are of a unknown file type, I have tried reformatting i get an error to say the operation can not be completed, I have also tried rebuilding windows it fails at 4%. The last thing I tried was diskpart, i get an I/O error when trying to remotely do anything to it.

Surely there is some support out there, all old symantec forums are broken file links.

I am not a super techy person so I hoping to find some help on here, I am not too fussed about the data i believe i have afull back up of everything, i would like to reuse the drives

Status
Not open for further replies.