Dedicated Gpu keeps Freezing when on any load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2018
Hey guys. Pls can anyone provide a solution as to why my gpu freezes anytime its being used. Iv been using my lenovo y510p since 2014. Graphics is a gt 755m, cpu is intel core i7 4700mq. Just few months back it started this issue. Iv tried everything buh nothing has worked. I cant even boot the laptop with d nvidia drivers installed again cuz after few seconds the screen freezes. I had to result to turning all dedicated graphics function from d bios. Few months back when i had the sli setup( dual gt 755m), i ran a benchmark tool to monitor the temps. I realised that one of the gpus temp was gradually increasing while the other rapidly increased until it crashed. Pls does it mean its temperature ish? I dont want to start thinking my gpu is dead. Pls can someone help me?

GT 755M is a older chipset llike my GT 555M you cannot use the lastest drivers with them
download DDU, reboot in safe mode, run DDU, remove all traces of NVIDIA drivers, reboot
goto https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/81879 and install this driver. and test.

the latest drivers are not really compatible with the GT xxx series anymore it causes issues.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS