Question Dedicated GPU makes my pc stutter and crash.

May 27, 2023
I have recently built my new rig and migrated my GPU and PSU over to it. However, any time I do something even remotely graphics intensive with my Dedicated GPU plugged in, my pc stutters and crashes. It reboots by itself. When I use the Integrated Graphics, my pc runs just fine.
Note: I have even upgraded to a better, more efficient PSU and I still experience the same issue.

SPECS:
Ryzen 5 4650G
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
Evga GTX 1070 SC
Evga 750W Gold rated PSU

May 27, 2023
I have recently built my new rig and migrated my GPU and PSU over to it. However, any time I do something even remotely graphics intensive with my Dedicated GPU plugged in, my pc stutters and crashes. It reboots by itself. When I use the Integrated Graphics, my pc runs just fine.
Note: I have even upgraded to a better, more efficient PSU and I still experience the same issue.

SPECS:
Ryzen 5 4650G
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
Evga GTX 1070 SC
Evga 750W Gold rated PSU
Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to address the problem:

1. Update GPU Drivers: Ensure that you have the latest drivers installed for your GTX 1070 graphics card. Visit the EVGA website or NVIDIA's official website to download and install the most up-to-date drivers for your GPU model.
  2. Check GPU Temperatures: Monitor the temperature of your graphics card during graphics-intensive tasks using software like MSI Afterburner or GPU-Z. High temperatures can cause instability and crashes. Ensure that the GPU is adequately cooled, and consider cleaning any dust or debris from the GPU and its cooling fans.
  3. Power Supply Issues: Although you mentioned upgrading to a better PSU, it's still worth considering power supply-related issues. Make sure that all power connections to your GPU are secure and properly seated. You can also try using a different PCIe power cable or slot on the power supply if available.
  4. Test the GPU in Another System: If possible, test the EVGA GTX 1070 in a different computer to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem lies with the GPU itself or other components in your current system.
  5. Reset BIOS/UEFI Settings: Resetting the BIOS or UEFI settings to their default values can sometimes resolve compatibility or configuration issues. Refer to your motherboard's manual for instructions on how to reset the BIOS/UEFI settings.
  6. Monitor System Stability: Use software like MemTest86 or Windows Memory Diagnostic to check the stability of your RAM. Faulty RAM modules can cause crashes and stability issues. Additionally, consider running a system stability test using tools like Prime95 or AIDA64 to check for any other potential hardware issues.

download microsoft office crackeado

Last edited:
Reactions: Haroon_jpg
May 27, 2023
I noticed that if I give the pc chance to breathe after start up, the issue doesn't occur. Even playing games on high settings is a breeze. However, if I boot it up and quickly go into something graphically intensive, I get the stutters and crashes again. So it seems to me that it most likely is a GPU issue and an indication that my GTX1070 might be on it's way out.

I noticed that if I give the pc chance to breathe after start up, the issue doesn't occur. Even playing games on high settings is a breeze. However, if I boot it up and quickly go into something graphically intensive, I get the stutters and crashes again. So it seems to me that it most likely is a GPU issue and an indication that my GTX1070 might be on it's way out.
Disable startup items see if it makes a diff.

May 27, 2023
I've tried all of the above and still no luck. It's a coin toss at this point. Some days it works. Some days it doesn't. My guess is the GPU is to blame. It's the only secondhand part in my build.