Question Dedicated GPU peaking and switching to integrated cardin game

Feb 8, 2022
Hello everyone,
I'm having some issue with my Laptop while playing games. Most of the times it switches back to the integrated GPU while playing and, obviously the FPS start to callapse and/or the game freezes. I notice that sometimes this happens after a 100% peak is shown on the dedicated GPU (random single peak). I also notice that using MS Teams on edge, randomly uses the dedicated card and increases the problem.
I usually multitask with Firefox open (7-8 tabs), Edge with MS teams on and VLC on. Never had a problem with the same games and same behavior until few weeks ago.

My specs:

Integraded GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
Dedicated GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB (Laptop)
CPU: i7 7700HQ
16GB RAM

All drivers are up to date and have been removed and reinstalled 2 days ago. Games and Edge settings are respectively set to Dedicated card and integrated card

I'll be happy to provide additional info if necessary.

Any help will be deeply appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your laptop? What BISO version are you on for said laptop? An SKU would help us two fold. As for the OS, what version(not edition) of the OS are you on at the time of writing? For a laptop that old, I'd advise on seeing if the cooling assembly needs some maintenance work, i.e, cleaning out any dirt/debris in the cooling fans, venting of the cooling solution for said laptop.

Feb 8, 2022
Hello and thank you!
I'll add a few more details then.

Win10 10.0.19042 (was using a more recent version before but still had the issue)

BIOS Version/date: American Megatrends inc.,GL753VE.308 29/04/2019

As for the SKU, the field using msinfo32 is blank so I don't know how to provide it.
I cleaned the fan and rest of the laptop as of 1 week

Thank you in advance

TRENDING THREADS