dedicated physx card

qw1981

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2014
Hi Guys

I have a Radeon graphic card gaming rig and also have a zotac 750ti 2gb card lying around. I was wondering if it would be worthwhile to use it as a dedicated PhysX card with my current config. If yes, then how do I do it as when I click on Nvidia control panel I get a notification "you are not using a display attached to Nvida GPU "

config:
processor: i74790 K
Ram:16 GB DDR3
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97-D3H-CF
Primary GPU: Sapphire Radeon 290X Vapor (8GB)
PSU: Corsair CS850M

Solution
I had a similar setup a few years ago. I switched to a Radeon card and used my old gtx280 as a physx card. There are/were some custom drivers floating around that would allow you to use both an AMD and nVidia card in the same setup. I have no clue if there are more recent drivers though, or where i found them for that matter. HardOCP maybe? On another note your cpu should be more than enough to handle physics though.

VincentGeddon

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016
I had a similar setup a few years ago. I switched to a Radeon card and used my old gtx280 as a physx card. There are/were some custom drivers floating around that would allow you to use both an AMD and nVidia card in the same setup. I have no clue if there are more recent drivers though, or where i found them for that matter. HardOCP maybe? On another note your cpu should be more than enough to handle physics though.

Solution