Dedicated physx card

graemeneilan

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017
Hi all. I need a little help, I currently have a GTX 1060 6GB as my main you and have a Evga GTX 760 2gb SC as surplus but I want utilise it as a dedicated physx card. I don't want to sell the card. My question is if I use the 760 as a dedicated physx card would it take some work load off the 1060 ?.

Solution
PhysX is fairly dead. In the reviews I read all showed the PhysX card needed to be close to the power of the main gpu otherwise it would actually slow down the system. Pairing a 760 with a 1060 is more likely to be a hindrance than a help.

4745454b

Titan
Do you play any GPU accelerated games? They are rather few and far between. As mentioned above there are few that support it. And you do have a pretty strong card already. The 760 is also a rather strong card to use for that. Personally I'd sell it for $50-60 and spend the money on something.

PhysX is fairly dead. In the reviews I read all showed the PhysX card needed to be close to the power of the main gpu otherwise it would actually slow down the system. Pairing a 760 with a 1060 is more likely to be a hindrance than a help.

Solution