Dedicated Video Memory from System Memory on Motherboard after installing 8GB 2400mhz ram did not update to 1GB! HELP!!!

agenthunk

Honorable
Mar 2, 2017
I just bought a kingston 260 pin DDR4 sodimm laptop memory for my Dell Inspiron 15 5576.

I need to find out why it still is saying 512MB still?

Both are made by Kingston

1xR 8GB PC4-19200-2400T SA1-11 2400MHz RAM both are the same type.

My system is Dual Channel support for gaming

Two 8Gb sticks are 512MB of dedicated video memory on the motherboard system memory.

This is separate than the RX560 4GB GDDR5 memory VRAM...

Now,What do I need to do to make it work or register it?

It is the correct RAM and yes I checked to make sure it was installed right...and it was new never used...

It should increase the system memory size known on the motherboard dedicated video memory for the motherboard to 1GB.

1 8Gb stick is 512MB now installing the other should equal it to 1GB..

get it?

I did this with the memory upgrade in my old laptop and the system memory dedicated video memory for the motherboard increased from 384MB to 512MB then I had a 4GB stick and a 2GB stick that was 384MB...

installing the exact same 4Gb then increase it to 512MB....

applying the same upgrade logic here..should see a change in the memory system to 512MB to 1GB....

Link to Old post to show what I am talking about:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/dedicated-ram-and-total-...

Example from my old post about my old laptop

Good news

same type
SAMSUNG 4GB RAM DDR4 PC4-2133P (PC4 17000) Laptop Notebook memory M471A5143DB0-CPB

here is the Display Adapter update...I never thought it would automatically update...holy cow it did...

Now, that you made it to the bottom of the page,How do I get my system to update the motherboard system memory size from 512MB to 1GB and don't tell it can't be done....

please reply with instructions on where in Regedit or BIOS to make this change to happen...or do I need to take the bottom stick out and put in in the top slot and put my new stick in the bottom>?

agenthunk

Honorable
Mar 2, 2017
I have the most recent BIOS update from Dell..since february....

I can reboot to bios menu and check...it would be UEFI

I rebooted and came to a Dell white menu screen telling me that "My system memory has changed you need to reboot or reseat the memory"... and it has a big yellow exclamation point at the start of warning.

I changed out my ram and put the original one in the bottom in the top and the new one in the bottom and still no change....

Now,I just switched them back again to their original slot...still no change..

agenthunk

Honorable
Mar 2, 2017
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/dedicated-video-memory-from-system-memory-on/0e79eb54-7966-47ab-a20f-c9b1ebb7fce5?tm=1530227843434&auth=1

more information here on microsoft forums...sadly no one to help me find the registry path to the value of the system 512MB so I can change it to 1024MB since I have 16GBof RAM and dual channel being fully utilized.

I have typed in HardwareInformation.memorysize and the path mentioned on their forums I posted shows that it is displaying a hexadecimal number ..however,I cannot find the one that shows my ram and system memory use like one that will have a value of 512MB....

agenthunk

Honorable
Mar 2, 2017
Does anyone know the regedit key directory path for accessing the on-board system memory use? There has to be a way to adjust it in regedit...I cannot find it in my system....don't know where to look...it is a switchable graphics configuration...

my system is a APU integrated R7 on the board with 512MB dedicated video memory that won't update to 1GB after installing exact same 8GB stick.

I have a discrete RX560
GPU with 4GB GDDR5 VRAM.

any hint with finding a key path to the regedit directory and with providing a usefull tip where it would be located post it here in the comments so,I can scan and check for them...

I am looking for a regedit key value with 512MB for the on-board dedicated video memory...I want to manually change it...

agenthunk

Honorable
Mar 2, 2017
I posted on Dell,AMD and Microsoft
so far I am getting told it is a system handled matter...but I don't want to accept 512MB after installing the RAM.
So,what do i do with a system like this?