[SOLVED] Dedicated Video Memory. - problem

Jan 1, 2020
Picture - this shows my problem ..why is Dedicated Video Memory only 4gb when i have 8gb video card ? Why DxDiag shows me 3772mb video memory when i have 8gb graphics card ? Why i have 4gb shared system memory ? How to use my 8gb video ram properly instead of ''shared bla bla memory'' ..

I'm using WIndows 7 Ultimate - 64bit.
- This is the GPU installed - https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-RX580-8G-GAMING/
vhz.png

thanks !

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2020
Thanks for the picture! :)

Well GPU-Z is showing the full 8GB but I saw something.

Drivers : May 16, 2018. That might be your problem right there. I recommend you download the latest AMD drivers for your card and try watching all the tabs again.
Thank you for ur reply ! I'm using these drivers on purpose .. because i had problem with installing the newest Adrenalin 19.12.3 ....it gave me blue screen [inacessable device] and i couldnt boot to windows , so i had to reinstall Windows ..i have tried to install this driver again in Safe Mode .. and managed to do it .. but this caused some service called ''AMDRSSERV.exe'' to constantly run\spike up and take 0-10% of my CPU+100mb of ram ..so it caused lag in games .. so i use these ones that i found on Asus page for my GPU and it runs fine ...

also im having - THIS - thing in my Device Manager ..i tried to find drivers for those with ''Driver Booster'' program , and it found them .. but installation fails every time and i cannot fix it somehow .. cringe issues which i dont know how to fix

Last edited:
Ok. Here is what I recommend to you. NEVER install third party programs that are made to find your drivers and install them for you. They are garbage and probably screwed up your drivers or OS already.

If you want to read more about AMDRSSERV.exe and how you can desinstall it look at this page.
https://www.file.net/process/amdrsserv.exe.html

Did you install your motherboard chipset drivers? What Motherboard do you have?

Can I have your full system specs including OS and PSU brand and model? :D

Jan 1, 2020
I installed some chipset drivers. . but from the Driver Booster program .. and my Windows was Windows 10 .. but since the blue screen issue from the Adrenaline 19.12.3 driver installation .. i had win 7 ultimate on my flash memory so i quickly installed it instead ..

aand .. pc specs are -

CPU: i7-2600
GPU:Asus Strix RX 580 8g
HDD:1TB WD Black Edition
PSU: be quiet! Dark Power PRO 750 watt 80+ PLATINUM
RAM:2x4GB DDR3 - 1333mhz
MOBO: in device manager it says CG8250 - this was hard to identify .. when i open the case .. it looks EXACTLY like this one - https://www.ebay.com/c/8021026379 .. but from what i see .. it has many models .. version 1 2 3 bla bla so im not sure about this ..

The PC is kinda old .. but with the time i upgraded the parts one by one , by myself ...and i don't have a mobo cd with drivers ... and mobo is the oldest part in there .. i guess

Jan 1, 2020
Most advanced users/enthusiasts DO NOT RECOMMEND applications like Driver Booster. Many have significant issues with this (and similar) tools. I would uninstall immediately and install driver updates manually.

Is this your system?

Ok ,i understand .. i didnt know that. And yes , this was the PC before i upgraded it .. but its bought from Spain so i don't know if the mobo is any different from this one ... but this is the Spanish website https://www.asus.com/es/Tower-PCs/Essentio_CG8250/ .

Jan 1, 2020
Most advanced users/enthusiasts DO NOT RECOMMEND applications like Driver Booster. Many have significant issues with this (and similar) tools. I would uninstall immediately and install driver updates manually.

Is this your system?

I downloaded all the drivers from this website ... now .. what is the proper way to do this .. can i just install them and they will overwrite the current ones .. or i have to enter device manager and klick uninstall on everything or .. i dont know .. its kinda complicated now

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Solution