[SOLVED] Deep cool case and cpu cooler fan rgb connection

Feb 7, 2021
Hi,
I hope you're all doing well with all that's going on out there.
I have a pretty old rig and decided to make few upgrades on it, I bought a CPU cooler and a new case from deep cool both come with 4 fans for the case and 2 fans for the cooler, everything went well with the installation until I found out that my MOBO doesn't have a 12RGB connector used by the cooler.

This is how the case fans are connected in parallel to the MOBO.

1595916373-DP-PWM-SPLITTER-thb.jpg

and this is how the cooler should connect to the MOBO, I'm left with cable No 12 that has the 12vRGB header, now the fans and the pump are powered up but the RGB is not working.. I Tried to connect the cooler's fans to the case's fans, but they're not compatible.
deepcool-gammaxx-l240-v2-mobo-connection.PNG
3_1.png

Any suggestions are much welcomed.

MOBO: asus maximus vii hero z97
CASE: Deepcool matrexx 50
CPU COOLER: Deepcool gammaxx L240 v2

Solution
There is a way, sort of. But it depends on whether the lighting units that came with your case have the common connector for ARGB lights. That one looks like 4 holes in a straight line with one hole plugged, so only 3 holes. It is very similar to the 4-hole female connector on the end of the lighting cable adapter cord that came wtih your rad fans.

IF that is what your case fans' lighting cables look like, then you can get a lighting Hub that will do the job. BUT it can only convert the signals from a PLAIN RGB (4-pin, 12 VDC) controller (like the one I recommended above) to a safe form of signal to power and control some ARGB lights in a 3-pin 5VDC system. That way you CAN synchronize all the lights. HOWEVER, as you may realize, the...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I suggest you need to get the Deepcool RGB Controller, web page here

https://www.deepcool.com/product/dcoolingaccessory/2020-07/12_13422.shtml

It consists of two boxes. One is the receiver/controller that mounts inside your computer case. It requires a connection to a SATA power output connector from the PSU for power, and then accepts the cable from your fans' lighting systems. The second box is a hand-held battery-powered unit with three buttons for making selections of display patterns. It sends radio signals to the receiver in your case. This is a manual-selection system - you use the buttons, not any software tool, and not any connection to a mobo header.

Feb 7, 2021
I suggest you need to get the Deepcool RGB Controller, web page here

https://www.deepcool.com/product/dcoolingaccessory/2020-07/12_13422.shtml

It consists of two boxes. One is the receiver/controller that mounts inside your computer case. It requires a connection to a SATA power output connector from the PSU for power and then accepts the cable from your fans' lighting systems. The second box is a hand-held battery-powered unit with three buttons for making selections of display patterns. It sends radio signals to the receiver in your case. This is a manual-selection system - you use the buttons, not any software tool, and not any connection to a mobo header.

Thank you Paperdoc this controller will be a great solution if I want to remotely control the RGB light and replace the button control on the case.
Nevertheless, I'll be unable to connect the case's fans 3pin connectors to it, so I'll have the RGB from the cooler controlled from the controller you suggested and the RGB from the case's fans from the button on the case, and I don't think it'll be synchronized.
I don't know if I can find a converter that can accept both a 5v header and a 12v header, and have it all powered up by a SATA cable.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
There is a way, sort of. But it depends on whether the lighting units that came with your case have the common connector for ARGB lights. That one looks like 4 holes in a straight line with one hole plugged, so only 3 holes. It is very similar to the 4-hole female connector on the end of the lighting cable adapter cord that came wtih your rad fans.

IF that is what your case fans' lighting cables look like, then you can get a lighting Hub that will do the job. BUT it can only convert the signals from a PLAIN RGB (4-pin, 12 VDC) controller (like the one I recommended above) to a safe form of signal to power and control some ARGB lights in a 3-pin 5VDC system. That way you CAN synchronize all the lights. HOWEVER, as you may realize, the displays that a plain RGB Controller can generate are significantly less complex that what an ARGB light system can do, so what ALL of your lights would do is act like the plain RGB type. You would not get rainbows, stationary or moving. So you have to choose: go with not synchronized, but the case lights can do their fancier displays while the rad fans do the less complex ones; OR, synchronize all lights in the plain RGB style.

IF you want that all-synchronized effect, here is a Controller that can do that, and it also happens to be a Deepcool product.

https://www.amazon.com/DEEPCOOL-RGB...r=9CX3GV499N29GPDVXSVM&qid=1612752104&sr=8-53

It has a double-function cable attached: one part plugs into a SATA power output from the PSU for power, and another part is the input cable from a mobo plain RGB header - or, in your case, from the outputs of that Deepcool manual plain RGB Controller I suggested earlier. Then the box has 2 output ports each for 3-pin ARGB and 4-pin plain RGB lighting units, plus one ARGB output port with a different connector socket like those on your rad fans. If all your ARGB case lights are fed by a single connector you can disconnect from the case's lighting button system, you could plug that into this Converter Box's ARGB socket and feed them the same plain RGB signals that your rad fans get from that manual Controller, except that the signals WILL be converted to what the ARGB lights need to operate safely. The rad fans can be plugged into the Converter's plain RGB sockets.

Last edited:
Solution
Feb 7, 2021
You're welcome. Personally, I'd choose the way you did - keep the better displays of the case ARGB lighting, and let the rad fans make do with their own plain RGB lights.

Yes, It's unfortunate that deep cool is making these products w/out taking into consideration their compatibility, like in my case I can't have the Rad connected to the case controller, and I have to get a new one (RGB controller) to get the job half done.
I reached out to them and I'll see what they will say.