[SOLVED] Deep pc cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Please keep it to 1 thread
Hi

i want to deep clean my PC. So how to do the same.

shall i clean it with Canned air or buy the good blower?

which method is best to clean the PC.

and both method can remove the loose dust or debris from the components.

How to remove the sticky dust out of the components?

Solution
I agreed with you

but my main concern how to remove sticky dust which doesn't blow away from crticical components like motherboard or graphic card?

Is there any way or shall i leave it as it is?

A little patience please.

If it's REALLY that important to you, then I'd probably recommend a cotton swab while being EXTREMELY careful to avoid any solder points. If you don't want to be that meticulous (I don't), then just leave it as is. In my 20+ years of PC builds, I've never cleaned the PCB of any component and never had any issues because of it.

-Wolf sends
Hi

i want to deep clean my PC. So how to do the same.

shall i clean it with Canned air or buy the good blower?

which method is best to clean the PC.

and both method can remove the loose dust or debris from the components.

How to remove the sticky dust out of the components?
I use compressed air.
You can use a blower or canned air or whatever....just make sure the air is clean.
The next thing is....don't blow the components too hard.
Keep the nozzle at a safe distance.....start far away and move closer....just enough to blow the dust away.
As far as sticky dust that doesn't blow away...I would leave it be.
You can cause yourself problems trying to be too clean.

Wolfshadw

Titan
The thing with cleaning is that you need to keep the fans from spinning too fast and wearing out the bearings. It's for this reason that I just use cans of compressed air. For anything that doesn't easily blow away, I use a soft-bristled toothbrush to loosen it and then hit it again with compressed air.

-Wolf sends

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
I use compressed air
I heard that compressed air contains propythylene chemical inside the air which could damage the pricer components.

and blower is the only simple air to blow out the dust.

As far as sticky dust that doesn't blow away...I would leave it be.
You can cause yourself problems trying to be too clean.
So you mean we can leave the sticky dust as it is.

won't it cause any problem or can lead to damage the components in long run.

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
For anything that doesn't easily blow away, I use a soft-bristled toothbrush to loosen it
Do you use soft bristled brush on motherboard as well directly to remove the dust which doesn't blow away.

how can we remove sticky dust to be removed from components like motherboard, graphic card etc. of we use soft bristled brush over them. I guess it will damage the circuit built over pcb or motherboard.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Do you use soft bristled brush on motherboard as well directly to remove the dust which doesn't blow away.

how can we remove sticky dust to be removed from components like motherboard, graphic card etc. of we use soft bristled brush over them. I guess it will damage the circuit built over pcb or motherboard.

No. If it's on the PCB, itself, I do nothing. I only use the toothbrush on the fins of fans/heatsinks.

-Wolf sends

I heard that compressed air contains propythylene chemical inside the air which could damage the pricer components.

and blower is the only simple air to blow out the dust.

So you mean we can leave the sticky dust as it is.

won't it cause any problem or can lead to damage the components in long run.
I never had compressed air cause me problems.....either from a can or from something else...

....and yes I leave the sticky dust as it is....there shouldn't be much unless you have some issue.

Last edited:
Safety warnings ...…..

DONT buy the cheaper pack of 6 cans of air they are rubbish they squirt propellant.

Use the cold air type and use it in short bursts because the cans suddenly get very cold and will burn your fingers.

Keep the can upright at all time , if you turn it side ways to get into an awkward corner the propellant will squirt out regardless of how much it cost.

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
Safety warnings ...…..

DONT buy the cheaper pack of 6 cans of air they are rubbish they squirt propellant.

Use the cold air type and use it in short bursts because the cans suddenly get very cold and will burn your fingers.

Keep the can upright at all time , if you turn it side ways to get into an awkward corner the propellant will squirt out regardless of how much it cost.
Thanks for the heads up.

but i know how to use the compressed air can.

anyway thanks for your information

still my one doubt is pending

how to remove sticky dust which doesn't blow away from crticical components like motherboard or graphic card?

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
And one more thing if i use the compu air cleaner to blow away the dust.

then how much speed settings can i use?

in that we can adjust the speed.

What is the recommended speed to blow out the dust from blower or cleaner? Lets say compu cleaner how much speed i can set?

Wolfshadw

Titan
I agreed with you

but my main concern how to remove sticky dust which doesn't blow away from crticical components like motherboard or graphic card?

If it's REALLY that important to you, then I'd probably recommend a cotton swab while being EXTREMELY careful to avoid any solder points. If you don't want to be that meticulous (I don't), then just leave it as is. In my 20+ years of PC builds, I've never cleaned the PCB of any component and never had any issues because of it.

-Wolf sends

Solution

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019

-Wolf sends
Thanks for your support

i just want to ask can i clean computer with Giottos Rocket blaster large? Will it be powerful to vlean computer?

Giottos AA1900 Rocket Air Blaster Large - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00017LSPI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_UqvZEbVKSG71A

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
There's a difference between a simply quickie blow out and a true 'Spring Cleaning' deep clean.

For a quickie, I use a can of compressed air and a ½" artists soft bristle square tip brush. That'll get the dust out/off anything from fans to case panels to corners.

For a deep clean, I pull the pc apart 1x a year and wipe everything down with a cotton Terry cloth, 2" angle cut paint brush, vaccum nozzel with brush attachment.

Last several years I haven't even bothered with that, the quickie has been more than good enough to keep the pc pristine. Much depends on the actual level of dust that can accumulate in how long a period of time between cleanings.

One of the reasons I prefer liquid cooling, a radiator mounted to the case is FAR easier to maintain than a large twin tower aircooler.

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
There's a difference between a simply quickie blow out and a true 'Spring Cleaning' deep clean.

For a quickie, I use a can of compressed air and a ½" artists soft bristle square tip brush. That'll get the dust out/off anything from fans to case panels to corners.

For a deep clean, I pull the pc apart 1x a year and wipe everything down with a cotton Terry cloth, 2" angle cut paint brush, vaccum nozzel with brush attachment.

Last several years I haven't even bothered with that, the quickie has been more than good enough to keep the pc pristine. Much depends on the actual level of dust that can accumulate in how long a period of time between cleanings.
Thank you

please suggest me the best compressed air can . Or what you will use.

and only 1 fear i have in my mind . While using the compressed air. Is that possible if propellent gets squirt out from the can and can cause damage to my Pc components? even if i use the can in upright position .

what happen if propellent gets squirt out on pc components. Will it cause any damage immediately or in longer run?

May 26, 2020
I use canned air, being careful not to let too much of the moisture the can produces get out. (don't shake it) Then I use a LANGNICKEL GOAT HAIR BRUSH (I found them in the small wood projects aisle of the arts and craft store) It"s very soft, yet gets most of the stuck on stuff off.

We have 8 cats so I end up cleaning our pc's quite a bit more than most people

anjris

Reputable
Aug 5, 2019
I use canned air, being careful not to let too much of the moisture the can produces get out. (don't shake it) Then I use a LANGNICKEL GOAT HAIR BRUSH (I found them in the small wood projects aisle of the arts and craft store) It"s very soft, yet gets most of the stuck on stuff off.

We have 8 cats so I end up cleaning our pc's quite a bit more than most people
How to being careful apart from not shaking the CAN.

Are there any other things to keep in mind? Not to let out moisture from can

Status
Not open for further replies.