Review DeepCool AG620 Air Cooler Review: Great Performance, Reasonable Value

Status
Not open for further replies.

LokkenJP

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2014
Hi.

Any chance of putting this cooler in perspective with it's bigger brother the AK620? I'm interested in the difference in performance and acoustics between them. They seem to share the same basic design layout, but not sure if the fans are the same, and some internal compromises can go a long way for the relatively small price difference between them

Jan 22, 2023
Hi.

Any chance of putting this cooler in perspective with it's bigger brother the AK620? I'm interested in the difference in performance and acoustics between them. They seem to share the same basic design layout, but not sure if the fans are the same, and some internal compromises can go a long way for the relatively small price difference between them
there is almost no difference between the performance of the AG620 and the AK620, the only differences between the two coolers being that the AG620 comes with ARGB fans that are slightly and by slightly i mean within a 1-2 percent margin worse than the AK620. in my opinion, this cooler is better due to the fact that i can pair the lighting with internal cpu temps to let me know if things are getting too hot. for the record, with the 13th Gen i7 and this cooler only (along with a Cooler Master Masterbox TD500 Mesh case and it's stock fans) the temps have only gone above 85 degrees during a stress test. I could overclock with just this air cooler.

I've been hearing great things about their AK620. This looks like a more affordable version of that cooler.

Never used deepcool products before, but I think I might need to check them out.

it's about the same price as they are nearly identical. the zero dark thirty version of the ak620 is 10 bucks more.
highly recommend deepcool air coolers! the ag/ak620 and the assassin 3 are some of the best air coolers one can buy *(regardless of cost). some reviewers even put the ak620 above the noctua nh-d15.

Last edited:
Reactions: Albert.Thomas

Albert.Thomas

Prominent
Staff member
Aug 10, 2022
Hi.

There's very few differences between the AG620 and the AK620. The main difference is between the two is the plastic top on the AK model. Other than that, the fans are slightly different speeds but the heatsink is basically identical.

Jun 1, 2023
Anyone use the AG620 for their 13900k build? Has it been able to keep temperatures <100c assuming one adjusts Bios to limit the cpu to 253W?

Status
Not open for further replies.