[SOLVED] Deepcool DN500 for gtx 1070 and ryzen 5 1600

faldy antono

Reputable
Mar 17, 2019
so I recently bought a gtx 1070 and updrading my psu to deepcool dn500 bcos ive no much money left in that time and I need this pc to run, so I buy this psu and it can run without problem, but is this a good psu for a long run?, bcause I heard it builded by CWT company which the same manufacture that build corsair psu, but should I get a new one? and if I should, why should i?

my pc specs are:
Corsair carbide 275R white
MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 base clock @3.6mhz
Deepcool AIO liquid cooler white 240ex
Delta T-Force white RGB 2X4GB DDR4 3000mhz
Evga GTX 1070 Gaming ACX white Superclock
3x Cube gaming RGB 120mm fans
Galax Gamer SSD 120gb
HDD WD Purple 2TB 3.5 Sata
Deepcool DN500 Flat cable

Last edited:

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
You use a molex to pcie adapter to power that gpu? Might be a good reason to switch psu,if not should that be fine. But in the end if it runs good are you fine for now. Just make sure you look for signs that say that the pc is running into problems like freezes or worse,do try a new psu first then. Think that psu probably hasn't more than 3 years warranty so within that time start looking for a new one ... well i would.

Guess by your post btw that you already have that psu,otherwise are there maybe better options for you.

Reactions: faldy antono

faldy antono

Reputable
Mar 17, 2019
You use a molex to pcie adapter to power that gpu? Might be a good reason to switch psu,if not should that be fine. But in the end if it runs good are you fine for now. Just make sure you look for signs that say that the pc is running into problems like freezes or worse,do try a new psu first then. Think that psu probably hasn't more than 3 years warranty so within that time start looking for a new one ... well i would.

Guess by your post btw that you already have that psu,otherwise are there maybe better options for you.
no i use 1x8 vga pin, its a deepcool flat cable, correct ive buy this psu last week, still thinkin bout buy one but maybe next time, thanks for your reply sir i appruciate it really

DSzymborski

Titan
Well, there are brands you can trust, but I'd trust my cat to guard an open can of tuna fish before I'd trust a Deepcool to power my PC.

CWT manufactures some very good PSUs. And some very poor ones. They make the PSUs they are contracted to and low-end brands are quite comfortable with low-end platforms.