Deepcool Gamer Storm Captain 240EX RGB Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kunra Zether

Reputable
Jun 25, 2016
I feel that they are more of a budget cooler, not in a bad way though. They usually are the cheapest aio coolers available next to corsair and the price increase is obviously due to the rgb. I still feel that corsair is a better value then deepcool but they do look nice ??

The Gamer Storm Captain series fails to outperform the Asetek patented coolers it slightly differs from, & the 240EX RGB lights allows DC to overcharge. Kind of how CM acts like they have a trademark on the word "Master", & charges more for using it for any product. Clever marketing on their part.

But if spending $130, spending as much or a tad more & going with a Swiftech, EK Predator, or other expandable AIO option, may be worth considering. Or if not, stick to the cheaper, proven Asetek designs from Corsair, Fractal, etc.

Leyba

Prominent
Jun 26, 2017
These coolers are notorious for exploding, spewing liquid and ruining hardware. Look at the Newegg reviews and u tube. I would not recommend at all.

doesitmatter

Honorable
May 3, 2012

Quote from the first page of this review: "The tubing now features anti-explosion, anti-corrosion, crush resistant, and thermostable material."

5gtbilko

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
Yeah hi,
I'm in need of a little more detail please.
I just cannot get my head around the first Graph. What do you mean by “CPU PWM Delta T” and how can the temps be way way under Max Fans and 50% Fans Core Temps?
To the best of my knowledge, PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) does not make fans go over Max Speed. If your graph were right, the speeds would be well over Max. That would make a lot of noise! Moreover, it could quickly burn out the fans, as they are not rated for such high RPMs or voltage.
There is probably a simple explanation, it just hasn't clicked yet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.