Deepcool Gammaxx 300 on an Fx-8320?

Osoclocker69

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
So I have decided to replace the stock cooler on my Fx-8320, since it is super loud and sounds just like an airplane engine :/ . I am looking towards buying any good aftermarket cooler for about $20 like the Deepcool Gammaxx 300 (I need something quiet and efficient).

So I was wondering if the Deepcool Gammaxx 300 will do good on my Fx-8320 and I might overclock it slightly.
My motherboard is an AsRock 970 Pro3 AM3+ (Tight budget choice).

If the Deepcool Gammaxx 300 won't do, then what aftermarket coolers do you guys recommend? Maybe a Coolermaster Hyper TX3 Evo? (I know some of you will say Hyper 212 Evo, but I don't have the money for that)

Solution
From what i've read it's quite a nice cooler for the money.It's certainly quiet and as good as the hyper tx3 for cooling so it serves your needs for the right price.
I don't think you'll find another cooler with these qualities for the same price so i say go for it.It at least wil be much quieter than the stock cooler.
With overclocking you'll just have to see how it does,but not worse than the hyper tx3 i think.For a slight overclock it probably will do.Just try and see how far you can go on the stock voltage.

There are reviews about it so look them up and read.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
From what i've read it's quite a nice cooler for the money.It's certainly quiet and as good as the hyper tx3 for cooling so it serves your needs for the right price.
I don't think you'll find another cooler with these qualities for the same price so i say go for it.It at least wil be much quieter than the stock cooler.
With overclocking you'll just have to see how it does,but not worse than the hyper tx3 i think.For a slight overclock it probably will do.Just try and see how far you can go on the stock voltage.

There are reviews about it so look them up and read.

Solution

Osoclocker69

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014

Thank you Vic 40. Although I have one problem and that is how i put in my stock cooler, it hardly fit in because it was tight so i just force it in and it locked in, but it is so tight that the i couldn't pull up the lever for pressure (the lever was not pulled up already). Is this because of my motherboard or something wrong with the stock cooler?

I will try and figure out how to remove it out without moving the motherboard for example if i try to unscrew the cooler brackets then the backplate will come off and it will be a problem :(

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

I can't imagine how it could be a tight fit??
Is there something blocking the cooler? Maybe a psu just above it?
Can you post a picture?

Removing the motherboard can be the answer and is nowhere as difficult as enscrewing the brackets.Even if you have to remove a psu,that's only 4 more screws to take out and a few cables to take of and reattach later on.

Osoclocker69

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014

no no no ... i mean like the brackets on the motherboard seem to be a little shorter in height than it's supposed to be or maybe it is just the stock cooler, and nothing to do with any other component

Osoclocker69

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014

actually the lever is NOT on the "clamped" setting. tomorrow i'm gonna get this cooler and some coolermaster thermal paste and don't worry about it, i will be able to remove the cpu cooler because somehow i got that in so i somehow will get it out. it just requires a little force.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

Okay,just make sure the cooler doesn't stick to the cpu and you pull it out,you would bend the pins that way.It might make it easier by letting the pc stand idle for a short while so that the paste can get warm and maybe less sticky,after that shutting it off and removing the cooler.

Osoclocker69

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014

good news, i have successfully installed the new cooler :D
it works great and atm i'm gonna ask people if it is a good idea to overclock my cpu. but overclocking my cpu void the warranty? because if it does then i'm staying with stock for sure because i have just recently bought this cpu a month ago..

TRENDING THREADS