deepcool gammaxx 400 vs gelid tornado

ponkomeister7

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
which one should i pick to cool my i5 750? i currently have 84 degrees while im playing cs and im not comfortable with all with those temperatures.noise and degrees are really important for me,especially noise.Which one should i get? dont recommend me the hyper 212x because its 42$ here.(the deepcool one is 23$ and the gelid one is 23$ aswell)

Solution
Your CPU shouldn't become that hot unless you're running 80+ load on all cores while gaming. When was the last time you changed your thermal paste? It's recommended to change it once or twice a year because it becomes less effective. If your idle temps are 55c-ish inside a cool room, you can get away with applying fresh paste. Getting aftermarket coolers is more about decreasing noise and overclocking capability.

Regarding your main question, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 should be better as it's heavier (100g+) and has more airflow (9+CFM). They also come with thermal paste.

If you can, upgrade your cooler. It's worth the money.

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
Your CPU shouldn't become that hot unless you're running 80+ load on all cores while gaming. When was the last time you changed your thermal paste? It's recommended to change it once or twice a year because it becomes less effective. If your idle temps are 55c-ish inside a cool room, you can get away with applying fresh paste. Getting aftermarket coolers is more about decreasing noise and overclocking capability.

Regarding your main question, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 should be better as it's heavier (100g+) and has more airflow (9+CFM). They also come with thermal paste.

If you can, upgrade your cooler. It's worth the money.

Solution

rhoban

Prominent
Mar 17, 2018
I own the Gammaxx 400.
Keeps my i7 8700 below 50C in most games at 4.3 GHz.
Far Cry 5 is the only game so far that gets the temperatures above 50C.

My case has good airflow though, so your mileage will vary.

rhoban

Prominent
Mar 17, 2018
My case is a Cooler Master MasterCase 5.

Noise is subjective. I run my 6 case fans at full speed (hence the very good airflow), so they are pretty noisy and cover up CPU and GPU fans. I do have noise isolating headphones, so noise isn't a problem for me.
I will say that, at max speed, the CPU fan is definitely louder than my case fans.
I keep it on auto.

You can attach any 120mm fan to the cooler. So if the stock one seems loud, you can swap it for something else.

TRENDING THREADS