Deepcool Integrates Liquid Cooling Into Genome ATX Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
I eagerly await the review on this to see what material the radiator is made of and what metals are inside the loop.

I am looking at this case and just cannot see and mounts for front intake fans or dust filters. As how the case looks right now all I can see are exhaust fans which makes it a negative pressure case with no front dust filters.

Also, the pump should have been on the reservoir, can you imagine trying to bleed this thing with the pump all the way over there. Where do you even fill this up from? The radiator or reservoir?

koffeeshop77

Reputable
Jun 9, 2015
it looks cool but not 249$ cool, the 240 deep cool cpu cooler i can put in my case right now cost 79$ so they are adding an extra cost of 170$ for a case? the 360 rad may be alittle more expensive, but i can think of plenty of custom water cooling thing i would do before spending my money on a deep cool case with built in no "add-on" feature case, CPU's are coming with less tdp now days not more and with a 360 i would at the very least like the option to add on a chip set or graphics as it is definitely aimed and geared toward gamers and not just supposed to look nice sitting beside your TV, it almost too much if you ask me. like i said an addon support would have really been nice in such an instance.

ammaross

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011

"Closed-loop cooler"

My only issue with not including any 5.25" bays is that they are useful for much more than just optical disk drives. Some fan controllers, more front USB slots, adapters for other storage such as SD cards and similar, the list goes on. There are few to no options other than 5.25" slots for these things.

It looks cool but not 249$ cool, the 240 deep cool cpu cooler i can put in my case right now cost 79$ so they are adding an extra cost of 170$ for a case?

That fancy helix type reservoirs can run $110

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g30/c97/s165/list/p3/Liquid_Cooling-PC_Water_Cooling_Reservoirs-Internal_Reservoirs-Page3.html?o=title_az

My only issue with not including any 5.25" bays is that they are useful for much more than just optical disk drives. Some fan controllers, more front USB slots, adapters for other storage such as SD cards and similar, the list goes on. There are few to no options other than 5.25" slots for these things.

I'd also love to see a 5" LCD thru which I could access BIOS info or display monitoring info say from HWiNFO.

My best guess to the front intake fans (since you probably cant pop the front off) is that they are installed from the back side of the case. The slat part near the front has an opening which you can see from the second picture, given that slat there should be plenty of room behind it to work with from the other size, maybe some fans in there?

kancaras

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
This looks so cool. Only in my opinion open loop for gpu would be better. Skylakes require so much less cooling than current gpu flagships. I dont see the point spending ~100$ on a cpu cooler anymore.

You can counter that by taking a look at maxwell. Most well built cards (IE G1 gaming, MSI Gaming, etc) hit a voltage limit before they hit thermal issues. I would rather see a CPU water cooled before a Maxwell card (considering how high they get on air, sometimes even better than water)

kancaras

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
I wish tomshardware have benchmarked few skylakes with few 20-50$ coolers on idle/gaming/torture. Their list for best picks for coolers is so bad. I miss their best for the money angle.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

I was aware it is closed loop, I was thinking more along the lines of modding it to expand the loop to include a GPU but I guess I left that part out in my original comment lol

Well to be fair, the article only calls it an AIO ... and not all AIOs are CLCs, tho Deepcool's usually are. The Digital Storm one on the other hand isn't and you can expand it.

This one uses a Swiftech AIO, which are expandable

4-Gallery-Bolt-3-Main_w_450.jpg

4-Gallery-Bolt-3-Main,0101-550739-0-2-9-1-jpg-.html

6700k = 95 watts
4970k = 88 watts
4770k = 84 watts

On the other hand ....

GTX 770 = 230 watts
GTX 970 = 145 watts

If anything, GPU TDPs are shrinking drastically, while CPUs are climbing slightly

The reason why CPus are far more often water cooled is twofold:

1. Overclocked, we quickly go beyond the capabilities of the stock CPU cooler such that overclocks are impacted. You hit the thermal wall before you hit the voltage wall. OTOH, as often as not, GFX cards will hit the voltage wall before the thermal one. My twin Asus780s run at 39C at a 26% OC. Shortly thereafter, did a MSI 780 build which got to a slightly higher (almost neglible but notably higher) OC and they were air cooled and peaked about 78C.

2. GFX card blocks are much, much larger and thereby can quickly remove heat from the GPU / VRM / VRAM due to the huge thermal mass of the block. Ob the CPU, we have the logjam of the small surface area where metal makes contact w/ water... and on air coolers, we have the logjam of moving the ehat from small block to limited size heatpipes, which then have to transfer the heat to the fins.

Run a CPU stress test like OCCT with stock cooling, even at stock settings, it will shut down within a minute due to the build in protection at the default setting of 85C, Run a GPU stress test at stock settings and nothing happens.

CPU air cooling will produce better results than CLCs, but of course a custom loop will eclipse both with rads properly sized. OTOH, if you are adding GPU water cooling to improve performance, having the GPU at 39C provides no advantage than having it at say 78C if it doesn't start throttling till it gets to 85C. Some cards will benefit from full cover water blocks but not from CLC or hybrid solutions because when performance limited by temps, it's usually because the VRM is too hot. However other air cooled cards, with superior thermal solutions and well designed PCBs (w/ beefier VRMs and thermal pads on VRM / VRAM) are unaffected.

Doug_08

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
I never thought I would see the day someone would complain about a $250.00 case that included water cooling....That guy throws nickels around like the're manhole covers...

Status
Not open for further replies.