Deepcool Mini ITX Cases: More Details Emerge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad Rose

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014
Is it just me, or does the top case have the video card sitting the other way around so the fan faces the same direction of the CPU cooler? Currently, other mini-itx cases with a riser card (Silverstone RVZ01 and Azza Z for example), have the GPU fan and CPU fan face opposite directions. I'm thinking the riser card pin layout may be rotated 180 degrees. If so, it's a very smart move in that you will be able to lay the case down without blocking airflow.

Is it just me, or does the top case have the video card sitting the other way around so the fan faces the same direction of the CPU cooler? Currently, other mini-itx cases with a riser card (Silverstone RVZ01 and Azza Z for example), have the GPU fan and CPU fan face opposite directions. I'm thinking the riser card pin layout may be rotated 180 degrees. If so, it's a very smart move in that you will be able to lay the case down without blocking airflow.

From the look of the intakes, unless the panels that enclose the GPU are modular as well, blower style models look like the only real option. A single inlet with no forced induction won't let a recirculating cooler design breathe at all.

Vlad Rose

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014
rue, but it still is an improvement over trying to suck air in from the bottom of the case. I have the RVZ01 and am personally afraid to lay it down horizontally because of it.

Vlad Rose

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014

My guess would be where the vent square looking thing is. That's why I was wondering if they found a way to flip the video card.

SamSerious

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
Silverstone has already shown the RVZ-02 (first time on the "cebit", if im not wrong). The flat Deepcool case looks even more similar to the RVZ-02 than to the RVZ-01. I like Deepcool, especially their classy "steam castle" case, but this is somewhat sad, considering the fact the RVZ really aren't expensive and Silverstone and LianLi invest a lot of money to invent such concepts/ideas..

I've seen companies use a cable extension from the PCIe slot. Must work similar to the old riser cards.

SamSerious

Reputable
Dec 12, 2014
I spoke to a SilverStone salesman at the cebit this June. The showed me the RV-Z01 and RV-Z02 quite in detail. He said that a cable extension should be avoided if it is possible by any means because of great EMC issues (it's EMV in german, i hope EMC is correct^^). Therefore they use a 90° risercard-like pcb based adapter.

I guess that deepcool chose a similar solution considering the fact that the case is, uhm, a "similar looking product"..

New riser cards then. Makes sense.

Vlad Rose

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014

Yeah, that's what I'm figuring, a 90 degree riser card with the pci-e slot itself rotated 180 degrees on the riser.

Drunkie

Reputable
Sep 23, 2014

Yeah, that's what I'm figuring, a 90 degree riser card with the pci-e slot itself rotated 180 degrees on the riser.

But if the pci-e slot is rotated 180 degrees shouldn't I/O shield be on front of the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.