Deepcool Quadstellar Full-Tower ATX Chassis Review: A Big, Bold Performer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the GPU and PSU compartment idea, I can't agree with the design and the price. Now only if Fractal or Phantek could incorporate these feats in one of their offering, that would be interesting.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
$400...
No USB Type-C port
Disappointing, really expect this from something at this price point.
No manual controls (app only)
Absolutely ruined.

Nice case but I think that the acoustic efficiency chart is wrong, unfair and unrealistic. You can't take 2 extreme scenarios that would never co-exist at the same time and create an acoustic efficiency chart. There is no way you can compare the temps of a closed doors case with the noise of an open door case. If you want to have the temps of a closed doors case you have to show the noise levels of a closed doors case and vice versa. Otherwise that chart has no meaning at all. Thanks.

Lasselundberg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
reminds me of the Ghost from Destiny2...i really like the case...but lack of usb C bugs me...would like to see more USB ports in general....my biggest issue is the width of this thing...i would buy it in a heartbeat, but i dont have that kind of space next to my table

mischon123

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017
Moving the PSU into its own compartment with its own helper fan and thus thermally isolate it from the other components is a great idea. It works extremely well in my hot climate and my Air 240 case with 4 auxiliary fans, 1080 and water cpu cooler keeps things at max 64 celsius when gaming. Idle is 32 Celsius and with a 1700x everything else is Idle. Many bays. Power density and cooling is very high with this case. It reminds of 1970 Mini Crays, which were 20 bigger and 10 000x slower. Its kind of humourous in a way.

This dp case is style over function and I like that mfg experiment. Dis case implies functionality where there is none - its akin to a 56 Eldorado :). Nice, there is definitely space for non mainstream cases and mfg should explore concepts. No USB C is no go. Additonal cables will add failure points. The weight of this thing means it will deform over time when moved over time. Its a tin frame...and its senslessly big. A product for the affluence compromised youth living in a McMansion and held at an emotional distance by their parents with a Mastercard...and it does cure bad skin :)

mischon123

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017
Moving the PSU into its own compartment with its own helper fan and thus thermally isolate it from the other components is a great idea. It works extremely well in my hot climate and my Air 240 case with 4 auxiliary fans, 1080 and water cpu cooler keeps things at max 64 celsius when gaming. Idle is 32 Celsius and with a 1700x everything else is Idle. Many bays. Power density and cooling is very high with this case. It reminds of 1970 Mini Crays, which were 20 bigger and 10 000x slower. Its kind of humourous in a way.

This dp case is style over function and I like that mfg experiment. Dis case implies functionality where there is none - its akin to a 56 Eldorado :). Nice, there is definitely space for non mainstream cases and mfg should explore concepts. No USB C is no go. Additonal cables will add failure points. The weight of this thing means it will deform over time when moved over time. Its a tin frame...and its senslessly big. A product for the affluence compromised youth living in a McMansion and held at an emotional distance by their parents with a Mastercard...and it does cure bad skin :)

Rookie_MIB

Distinguished

Indeed it is. But it's also the age of 'moar cores', and people like me can run a virtualized NAS inside a case like this by running VirtualBox and a CentOS distro configured to do what you want it to do. I actually just moved my main rig to a case with an ICYDock 5 and it has 6 more HDD bays in case I want to expand out and add more space to the ZFS array. And that's just for backing up my main NAS (2u rack mount server) for those just in case situations.

The one thing people will NEVER complain about is having too much space. It's much more problematic when you don't have enough.

And the case looks bad ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.