Deepcool Reveals New Frameless Smart RGB Case Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giroro

Splendid
If you're putting RGB lighting into a "steampunk" PC, then I'm afraid you're drastically misunderstanding that aesthetic.

Believe it or not, though, a frame is actually suuuper important to the whole "making air go where you want it" part of a fan's operation. I imagine this fan will mostly scatter air randomly instead of effectively pushing/pulling air through your case.
But hey, I guess you can use wifi to control something that's literally hard wired to a computer. Hopefully that unnecessary extra radio won't interfere with you PC too much.

...an all-aluminum skeleton frame that is designed to allow the double-layer blades to generate positive air pressure without obstruction from the fan structure.
I get the impression that you would want the surrounding fan structure. Not having a frame to prevent air from escaping around the fan blades will likely result in air moving back in the opposite direction through those areas and cycling back into it. There's a reason nearly all case fans block that off. These fans instead block off an area in the direct path of the blades. This looks like a case of form over function to me. And why would anyone want to manage their case fan lighting from a phone?

ajr1775

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2014
This is the most advanced fan design yet..........no question about it. But, I don't like proprietary lighting controls. I used the NZXT RGB fans and could only control their lighting with the NZXT HUE controller. It works. But, an unnecessary feature. Make it open ended and you will sell a lot more fans.

Jeremy Griner

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014
While these fans look cool...no pun intended... the fact that they are lacking a shroud actually decreases the efficiency of how much air they can move. A ducted fan is more efficient. True story. Google it. :)

Krazie_Ivan

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
so Deepcool thinks prop engines are the next big thing for supersonic flight, & that radiator coolant belongs on the outside of a pump to keep the electricity lubed. what's next?...carpet-lined lazer disks? how am i poor, while these people run tech companies?

Status
Not open for further replies.