Default connection seems to be dial up

Hi,

I have an XP laptop that has both a dial up and an ethernet location. When
at work I use an ethernet cable to check e-mail and connect to the internet.
When at home I use a mindspring dial up. When I am at work with my ethernet
connection, whenever I try to get onto the internet I get a message saying
that I am offline. A get a message asking me to connect or cancel. When I
connect, it does take me to the correct page. This happens all of the time.
I can connect to each page every time I get this message but is seems to
think I am in dial up mode. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
--
Chuck W

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:ED1CA2A1-0E96-45DC-89B1-AF04FDC32C61@microsoft.com,
ChuckW <beloved patriot@hotmail.com> had this to say:

> Hi,
>
> I have an XP laptop that has both a dial up and an ethernet location.
> When at work I use an ethernet cable to check e-mail and connect to
> the internet. When at home I use a mindspring dial up. When I am at
> work with my ethernet connection, whenever I try to get onto the
> internet I get a message saying that I am offline. A get a message
> asking me to connect or cancel. When I connect, it does take me to
> the correct page. This happens all of the time. I can connect to
> each page every time I get this message but is seems to think I am in
> dial up mode. Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks,

Open IE, click tools, options, connections, select dial whenever a network
connection is not present.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes

Control Panel>Internet Options>Connections tab>select dial whenever a
network.......click ok.