Question Defective Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derekapit

Prominent
Sep 8, 2022
Found out that my motherboard is faulty because i borrowed a mobo from my friend and tried it at our house to find out if my motherboard is the culprit. My pc works perfectly fine with my friends mobo but whenever I bring it (with the faulty mobo) to the computer shop that i bought it from my pc starts normally like there is no problem at all
Any thoughts guys?
Should I return the faulty motherboard and ask for a warranty?
It's still 6 months old by the way

Derekapit

Prominent
Sep 8, 2022
I've tried going to my neighboors house and nearby computer repair shops it has the same problem. It only works normally on the shop where i bought it from. Also i tested the voltage outputs of the 24pins and the 8pins of the psu are all fine. That is why I concluded the the mobo is the culprit and I borrowed a mobo that is compatible with my cpu and ram and all

Derekapit

Prominent
Sep 8, 2022
The problem is that it wont turn on directly whenever i push the pwr button. My pc turns on when plug in the ups to the outlet then comeback at it like 1hr or so then it turns on. No other problems occurs when it turns on.

Derekapit

Prominent
Sep 8, 2022
At first I thought the problem was the electrical system at our house but I'm confused due to the fact that when I replaced the Mobo that I borrowed from my friend. It's been 4 days since I've been using my friends MOBO and it works turns on directly. That is why I concluded that it's the Mobo. Also I tried powering up the computer(my mobo) with just the back up power from my UPS still the same result.

Derekapit

Prominent
Sep 8, 2022
There is no visible damage on the front and back of the mobo Also I have a thought about if it is a bad motherboard when it turns on there are no problems occurring like BSOD, Not booting up and shutting down while on use. I really hate to think that it's the mobo because I can't find the cause of its problem

Status
Not open for further replies.