[SOLVED] Defective pixel or dead? How do I fix it? Could it possibly be a software issue?

Oct 27, 2018
Hello everyone!

I have an hp omen laptop bought almost 2 months ago, and yesterday I saw that one of my pixel has a strange behaviour.

That specific pixel always appears black on red backgrounds, slightly white on blue backgrounds, but it's barely noticeable, and only sometimes appears red on black backgrounds. For example that pixel is located in a spot where my browser has a dark theme, so it should be black no matter what webpage I open. Though, sometimes that pixel is displaying the "right colour" and it is black, but if I open up another website it might appear bright red, or sometimes it might still become red but not that bright.

Also, if relevant, I have a dark background on my laptop, and when I press the fn key + f2 or f1 to change the brightness of the screen, that pixel might again become red, but again, this doesn't happen all the time.

I felt like giving these many details because after doing some research on my own I could only find questions about either dead pixels, either a pixel being just stuck, and I feel like none of these options is my issue.

I also uploaded 2 photos so you can see exactly what I am talking about: https://imgur.com/a/iRVSl3T
you can spot the red pixel right under that extension on the first photo, and note that on the second picture the pixel displays the right colour: black.

Thank you in advance!

Solution
you should not be having trouble with it at only two months old there is no way to fix a dead pixel take it back to the shop you bought it at see how you get on.