Question Defective ssd? Or overheating issue

Dec 16, 2018
Im new to ssd’s but i recently bought a kingspec m.2 nvme ssd and installed it. At first i cloned my hdd OS on to it and it worked fine but games wouldnt run because the system would just lock up every time i launch a game. After a few days i couldnt even boot the system because it was locking up before i could get to the desktop, i investigated and figured out that when i touched the ssd controller it burned my finger and when i turned off the system it cooled down. What should i do? Any tips??!

Thanks for reading.. any help would be appreciated

ebosss03

Reputable
May 1, 2018
May be a driver issue since you did copy the whole system onto the ssd as so for the the temperature NVME ssd always run hotter than sata sdd's ranging from 0-100 C so thats all right. Also a tip always turn your pc off when you are trying to find a hardware problem. It's for your own safety and the computer one.

Reactions: agarchef9
Dec 16, 2018
May be a driver issue since you did copy the whole system onto the ssd as so for the the temperature NVME ssd always run hotter than sata sdd's ranging from 0-100 C so thats all right. Also a tip always turn your pc off when you are trying to find a hardware problem. It's for your own safety and the computer one.
Lol i was trying to find out if it was overheating so i put my finger on the controller and it burned me xd