defender cocktail "tape"

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Does anybody have, or know where to get replacement
"tape" that goes on the top edge of williams defender cocktail
machines?
Mine is cracked and missing in spots, and I would like to
replace it.
It is not t-molding, but rather looks like black electical tape,
but different.
It looks like this
http://members.cox.net/bigmark9/images/dctape.jpg
Thanks,
Mark....

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Thanks.

thrushguy wrote:
> It's called Band-It Melamine black edging and you can get it at most
big
> chains like Home Depot. I just googled it myself for a project I'm
working
> on too. Someone mailed me some a couple years back when I was
restoring a
> couple of defender cocktails. I've never looked for it myself but
it's an
> iron on application. You just have to work slowly with it as it will
crack
> if you're not patient.
>
> Scott
>

> <bigmark9a@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Does anybody have, or know where to get replacement
> > "tape" that goes on the top edge of williams defender cocktail
> > machines?
> > Mine is cracked and missing in spots, and I would like to
> > replace it.
> > It is not t-molding, but rather looks like black electical tape,
> > but different.
> > It looks like this
> > http://members.cox.net/bigmark9/images/dctape.jpg
> > Thanks,
> > Mark....

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

It's called Band-It Melamine black edging and you can get it at most big
chains like Home Depot. I just googled it myself for a project I'm working
on too. Someone mailed me some a couple years back when I was restoring a
couple of defender cocktails. I've never looked for it myself but it's an
iron on application. You just have to work slowly with it as it will crack
if you're not patient.

Scott

<bigmark9a@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anybody have, or know where to get replacement
> "tape" that goes on the top edge of williams defender cocktail
> machines?
> Mine is cracked and missing in spots, and I would like to
> replace it.
> It is not t-molding, but rather looks like black electical tape,
> but different.
> It looks like this
> http://members.cox.net/bigmark9/images/dctape.jpg
> Thanks,
> Mark....

Prok

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

I have a bunch of this stuff.. email me and i'll send you enough for your
game. you cover shipping..

/b

http://www.tutankham.com

"thrushguy" <garons@comcast.net> wrote in message
> It's called Band-It Melamine black edging and you can get it at most big
> chains like Home Depot. I just googled it myself for a project I'm
> working
> on too. Someone mailed me some a couple years back when I was restoring a
> couple of defender cocktails. I've never looked for it myself but it's an
> iron on application. You just have to work slowly with it as it will
> crack
> if you're not patient.
>
> Scott
>

> <bigmark9a@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Does anybody have, or know where to get replacement
>> "tape" that goes on the top edge of williams defender cocktail
>> machines?
>> Mine is cracked and missing in spots, and I would like to
>> replace it.
>> It is not t-molding, but rather looks like black electical tape,
>> but different.
>> It looks like this
>> http://members.cox.net/bigmark9/images/dctape.jpg
>> Thanks,
>> Mark....

Andre

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

I had to restore some Defender cocktail myself some years ago and I found
that using liquate electric past (tape) works a lot easier and looks better
too. If I remember correctly I applied about 2 or 3 coats.

You can buy it at any hardware store.

<bigmark9a@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anybody have, or know where to get replacement
> "tape" that goes on the top edge of williams defender cocktail
> machines?
> Mine is cracked and missing in spots, and I would like to
> replace it.
> It is not t-molding, but rather looks like black electical tape,
> but different.
> It looks like this
> http://members.cox.net/bigmark9/images/dctape.jpg
> Thanks,
> Mark....

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

I don't think Home Depot stocks it in black.You need to special order it.
Dave