Question Defender Settings

prkundan

Prominent
May 2, 2019
At times my computer runs slow. I even get message that memory is insufficient. When I copy a file from another computer on the n/w the copying becomes very slow. If I run anti-virus scan it displays no virus found. If I close a Word file and try to delete it I get a message File is open, but I see no open file on the screen. I doubt that some one deliberately inducing background processes to occupy my memory and make the whole system slow. I do not know how to defend from this attack. Please guide as to how I should set the Windows Defender so that no other comp on the n/w interferes with my comp & I also come to know which comp is interfering with my comp.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
There is no guarantee that this is a virus. Please post entire system spec including PSU make and model.
Did you do full and thorough system virus scans?

If I close a Word file and try to delete it I get a message File is open
This can be a server issue (if it is server based) or a simply local file problem, effectively when you open a document, it also opens a hidden "temp" document, which when open locks the document from being edited by someone else, when you close this document, if the temp file does not also close promptly, it will display the message you are referring to.