Question Define r6 no power,hdd activity led

gasolin

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2012
I have a define r6 and a new Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

When i turn on my mb the led the front hdd and power led light up for a second and then theres no light

Yes i have the hdd led and power led mouted correctly

I miss the light for some reason although im not at all into rgb and lights

What to do?

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Are you sure the old panel header is compatible? Different boards have different pin layouts.

Let me see if the manual from the Asus website for the board has the pin layout.

Last night another user had same problem and the manual had a QR Code with a URL to some page with layouts. Asus manuals used to have even the debugger Q-codes before.

Their 'Quick Start Guides' used to be short but their manuals were quite extensive and thorough. I don't know why they have made the change.

EDIT: Yes the motherboard manual here has the pin layout on page 1-20. Check again I'd say. Also there might be something wrong at the case side. Wires cross connected or maybe even shorted out.

gasolin

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2012
Theres nothing wrong with the cable,connectors they are in the right place

The cpu is mouted in the socket with a light touch and my cpu cooler works fine except for one fan, so i had to order new fans and not overly tightent.

samsung 850 evo 1tb and samsung dvd drive in sata 1 and 2

3 case fans connected to my fan hub the rear fan (all corsair ml 120) fan hub connected to my mb into fan header 2, rear ran to fan header 1.

I have moved my case back so i can't see theres no light or else i would go 🤢 when i can't se any light

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Yes cables might be in the right place according to the lables/layouts specified in the case manual too.

But there might have been cross connections or pins shorting inside the case panel headers. These mistakes happen during production and assembly of cases and their connectors/header.

Inspection of case panel headers would reveal any bent pins/shorts or cross connections.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
It depends. If it doesn't work because there's a short due to bent pins touching together it's "negative" and better to have it checked and resolved. Not negative as it would blow up but better to have the problem eliminated.

Are all case buttons working as they should? Power and Reset buttons do what they're supposed to do?

If there's a computer shop or anyone that can check the case front panel connectors/headers for bent pins and short-circuits and such I'd suggest you have it checked, again, if you're absolutely sure that all front panel connectors/cables are connected to correct headers on the motherboard.