Defining authenticating DC with AD

I have a "small" problem:
here the scenario
Win2k domain with all 2k servers and workstation, AD working, policies
in place, I have about 25 offices all linked by t1 lines, each branch
has its own 2k domain server, users get their menus from a DFS
location that exist on all servers. Question: How can I force all
clients to use their branch server for both authentication and menu?
Right now what I see is that some users get authenticated by a server
that resides in another branch and the worst case is when the menus
are handed out by other branches servers.. it slows everything out.
Thank you for your help

Have you created separate sites for your branch offices in AD Sites &
Services? Since authentication and DFS access are site-aware, each of these
will first attempt to use a resource in the local site, which will cut down
on requests going across your T1 lines.

--
******************************
Laura E. Hunter - MCSE, MCT, MVP

"Funky_gallo" <poohmania@iwon.com> wrote in message
>I have a "small" problem:
> here the scenario
> Win2k domain with all 2k servers and workstation, AD working, policies
> in place, I have about 25 offices all linked by t1 lines, each branch
> has its own 2k domain server, users get their menus from a DFS
> location that exist on all servers. Question: How can I force all
> clients to use their branch server for both authentication and menu?
> Right now what I see is that some users get authenticated by a server
> that resides in another branch and the worst case is when the menus
> are handed out by other branches servers.. it slows everything out.
> Thank you for your help

Your clients will always authenticate agains a DC in the same site if you
have configured your site boundaries properly.

Regards

Niclas Lindblom

"Funky_gallo" <poohmania@iwon.com> wrote in message
>I have a "small" problem:
> here the scenario
> Win2k domain with all 2k servers and workstation, AD working, policies
> in place, I have about 25 offices all linked by t1 lines, each branch
> has its own 2k domain server, users get their menus from a DFS
> location that exist on all servers. Question: How can I force all
> clients to use their branch server for both authentication and menu?
> Right now what I see is that some users get authenticated by a server
> that resides in another branch and the worst case is when the menus
> are handed out by other branches servers.. it slows everything out.
> Thank you for your help

ME

Thank you for your reply... we tried sites and had a heck of time synching
all the sites so we went with the default site, I could go back and retry
I'm just wondering if I could some how create OUs for each branch and define
the server for each one
"Laura E. Hunter (MVP)" <hunter(nospamplease)@sfs.upenn.edu> wrote in
message news:u1FO5aFNEHA.2736@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...