Question Defrag and Register Cleaner on a SSD?

itsfuntohavefun789

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019
I have been told my others more knowledgeable than myself, that I should never use a Utility (ccleaner for example) on my Windows 10 PC, to defrag and/or clean the registry on my SSD PC. What says all of you?

USAFRet

Titan
I have been told my others more knowledgeable than myself, that I should never use a Utility (ccleaner for example) on my Windows 10 PC, to defrag and/or clean the registry on my SSD PC. What says all of you?
Solid state drives do NOT need a defrag. It should not be done.

NO system needs the CCLeaner "registry cleaner". Can do far more harm than good.

elitech

Honorable
Mar 22, 2018
In short, the lifetime of an SSD is based on the read/write amount of processes. Defraging an SSD drive reduces its life expectancy. Also, SSD drives are not defragmented since data is stored and accessed instantaneously instead of with a needle head over a spinning head.

For clarification, my Windows 10 recognizes my main drive as an SSD, and doesn't even offer the option to defrag. It does however offer Trim, which as far as I read, is a good thing to do.
Thoughts?

As has been said you don't want to defrag a ssd.

Ccleaner/reg clean.....I've used it a few times it never found much but it did not cause a problem either.

I do use ccleaner just to tidy up a bit it finds stuff disk cleanup leaves behind.