defrag cant get past 50%

I know if I have a large file such as a 4GB video it will take a long time
to get past it. Usually defrag then shows a white space until it finishes
that large file.

I checked and don't have any large files on my C: drive.

It gets to 50% can keeps going ( lights blink ), but it doesn't get any
further.

I did a surface scan and there were no problems.
Any ideas on what the problem is.

Thanks

"Travis" <dingdongy2k@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I know if I have a large file such as a 4GB video it will take a long time
> to get past it. Usually defrag then shows a white space until it finishes
> that large file.
>
> I checked and don't have any large files on my C: drive.

It is overwhelmingly likely that any data manipulation
app we use has an upper limit, i.e. cannot process
a file larger than X. So X = "large." But you do not
know the exact size of X for DEFRAG.EXE (except
that it is probably smaller than 4 Gb.)

If MS documentation does not tell us the value
of X we can work it out by trial and error.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs