Defrag

Somehow my defrag program was deleted,(I suspect my daughter was clicking the
mouse a little too enthusiastically!) How and where do I retrieve it off the
xp disk? Any help would be greatly appreciated as my already slow, older
machine is really starting to bog. Thanks in advance.
--
Ian

Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to
Item No. 291 (Restore Defrag Snap-In).

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Ian MacPhail" wrote:

| Somehow my defrag program was deleted,(I suspect my daughter was clicking the
| mouse a little too enthusiastically!) How and where do I retrieve it off the
| xp disk? Any help would be greatly appreciated as my already slow, older
| machine is really starting to bog. Thanks in advance.
| --
| Ian

Thank you very much. I'm glad you answered me so quickly.I'm going to try and
see if this works now. Thanks again.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to
> Item No. 291 (Restore Defrag Snap-In).
>
> [Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

> "Ian MacPhail" wrote:
>
> | Somehow my defrag program was deleted,(I suspect my daughter was clicking the
> | mouse a little too enthusiastically!) How and where do I retrieve it off the
> | xp disk? Any help would be greatly appreciated as my already slow, older
> | machine is really starting to bog. Thanks in advance.
> | --
> | Ian

Okay, I tried it. It added something to my registry, but , where is the
defrag? It just isn't available . I have my xp disk handy, can I retrieve it
from there? Thanks again.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to
> Item No. 291 (Restore Defrag Snap-In).
>
> [Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

> "Ian MacPhail" wrote:
>
> | Somehow my defrag program was deleted,(I suspect my daughter was clicking the
> | mouse a little too enthusiastically!) How and where do I retrieve it off the
> | xp disk? Any help would be greatly appreciated as my already slow, older
> | machine is really starting to bog. Thanks in advance.
> | --
> | Ian

Perform the following:

1. Right-click on your Desktop and select: NEW > SHORTCUT
2. In the Create Shortcut window, type in: %SystemRoot%\System32\dfrg.msc , and click "Next"
3. In the next window, type in: Disk Defragmenter , and click "Finish"
4. A Disk Defragmenter shortcut icon will appear on your Desktop.

Also:

Restore Accessories and System Tools
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Accessories.htm

--