Defragging / windows update caused black screen of death AGAIN

CostaP

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2014
So this is this 2nd time this has happened after using defraggler (and PC asking for random windows update)!

-I defragged my PC during the day for about 5 hours.
-I got home, paused and stopped the defragging.
-I go to shut-down my PC and get 2 options: 'update and restart' and 'update and shut-down'. I choose the latter option.
-PC updates for a bit before shutting down. I wasnt directly at my PC when it 'updated', but I think it was on about 20% update, then I heard it shut off. I presumed it was a really quick update
-So..PC shuts down, I wait 10 seconds then power PC back on. Windows 10 logo, a fuzze circular moving update dots appear.
-my PC auto logs into my MAIN current account and bam..black screen of death with white mouse cursor on screen. I tried logging into 1 other account..black screen. I managed to log into a 3rd account and it was fine.

This happened TWICE now. Both times it was a: I defrag, then get the windows update, (pc shuts down), then turn on pc and black screen of death.

Why on EARTH is this happening? Is it defraggler moving my 'Windows update files' around or something? Is it a corrupt windows update 'coincidence after defragging my PC twice'.

I am too scared to defrag my PC again. its about 10% fragmented. I am thinking of either running chkdsk repair / fix to find issues? Or last case, just doing a complete re-install of my PC / Windows

Please help my issue :(

Here is a pic of my defragged HD if it helps

http://imgur.com/a/KtlCP

CostaP

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2014

What would make you say that? Crystaldiskinfo says health is good.

I mean I had some issues about a few months ago and people suggested to replace it. But it shows health disk as good :/