Question Defragment Issue

Apr 29, 2019
Only upon recently, a large MMO game starts to have a load time for 5 minutes and more. I have a Toshiba dt01aca200 1tb drive with i7-4390 CPU. I have no issue before with fragmented hard drive. But now my hard drive is said to have 50% fragmentation (around 268 GB of fragment files).
I used Defraggler to defrag for 24 hours and only 2% is defragged. I thought there might be a hard drive issue, but chkdsk came back with no error.
What could possibly go wrong here?

D

Deleted member 14196

Just use the built-in windows defragmentation don’t bother with other utilities which are useless

How full is the drive

Sgt_Sykes

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
Any defragmentation is kinda useless, and to the extent it can be useful is already done by Windows in the background.

You should run chckdsk again but with full surface scan and also look into the SMART status of the drive.

That and check if you don't have any malware on your pc.

mtracy1991

Reputable
Only upon recently, a large MMO game starts to have a load time for 5 minutes and more. I have a Toshiba dt01aca200 1tb drive with i7-4390 CPU. I have no issue before with fragmented hard drive. But now my hard drive is said to have 50% fragmentation (around 268 GB of fragment files).
I used Defraggler to defrag for 24 hours and only 2% is defragged. I thought there might be a hard drive issue, but chkdsk came back with no error.
What could possibly go wrong here?
I had a similar instance as you on an SSD not too long ago. Unable to download ganes on steam. So I formatted the drive and that solved the issue