[SOLVED] DEGRADING FPS in warzone 2060 SUPER + Ryzen 7 3700x

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 1, 2021
when i first bought my pc in august 2020 it ran warzone at 130-145 ish fps lowest settings @ 1080p . ive noticed it slowly dropping lower and lower with each update until recently it currently only runs between 80-100 fps on the same settings. I have tried ddu uninstalling and installing a nvidia driver optimized for warzone and cold war according to nvidia's patch notes.
ive been back and forth with nvidia tech support and they keep escalating my tech support ticket with no results.
i swapped my gpu into another pc and it ran exactly the same FPS range with the same driver and everything.
also noticed upon switching gpus back into my pc that my fps is 80-110 no matter what quality graphic setting i have now (highest or lowest) the fps doesnt change.
Here is my userbenchmark link.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38674884

i know my ram is at 2133. i was getting the 130-145 fps with my ram at that speed. i want to fix this issue before i overclock my ram. (currently have new ram coming in the mail thats amd optimized )

Solution
Lets do this from the start.

Your Ryzen is great out of the box and does not NEED to be Overclocked..... BUT you can if you want to. But for most users it is a lot of hassle for not that much reward.

Your RAM is running slow as is running the default 2133hrz speed and you need to change this in BIOs by enableing DCOP. this will get your RAM running at the speed it should do. I have Corsair RAM in 2 of my systems and never had any issues, you do not NEED a change of RAM. There is only a marketing BS called "Ryzen Optimised" if RAM will run or not has more to do with your Motherboard than the CPU.

As it it your first build I would remind you that also having the newest Chipset drivers for your AM4 socket is important.

Deep breath...
Feb 1, 2021
Yes,it's just a really useful tool for monitoring your system,(there's alot of info on it that can be a little overwhelming,) and like you said, just run it in the background when gaming, it will display the max temp your cpu hits.
Hi cpu temp was in the 40s and gpu temp was 50-60 as per usual

Feb 1, 2021
Well thats an improvement I would say :)

How are your games running now?
havent tried it yet , didnt get to game yesterday haha i only had like 15 minutes with my pc . i will let you know later today how it does.
what else do i do from here? my g skill 2x16 3600mhz came in late last night too. i think im gonna game later then swap in the the 3600mhz ram later that night and run another bench after

Last edited:
Thank God you enabled DOCP, finally. There was no need to delay it after all these suggestions. You lose up to 60% performance in some games when you run 2133 MHz RAM with a ryzen 3000 series CPU.

Run a game and see that you will have a far better performance. No need to run userbenchmark again, it does not show performance in reality, it just helps identify issues with a system.

As for the new RAM, yeah it would be better but you already had a very decent kit. You will get a small performance bump when compared to the ones you have AFTER the DOCP.

Feb 1, 2021
Thank God you enabled DOCP, finally. There was no need to delay it after all these suggestions. You lose up to 60% performance in some games when you run 2133 MHz RAM with a ryzen 3000 series CPU.

Run a game and see that you will have a far better performance. No need to run userbenchmark again, it does not show performance in reality, it just helps identify issues with a system.

As for the new RAM, yeah it would be better but you already had a very decent kit. You will get a small performance bump when compared to the ones you have AFTER the DOCP.
from what i read i dont think i want to go and oc my cpu but i think i might do a small oc of the gpu

Feb 1, 2021
heres the most recent userbenchmark with the g skill ram for some reason it says im not in dual channel? even though i literally removed and replaced the ram in the exact same spot on my motherboard. anyone got any ideas why its like this?

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/39403100

the dram status in my bios also says 2133mhz but i have docp on and in the advanced settings it says 3600mhz. can anybody shed some info as to why?

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2021
heres the most recent userbenchmark with the g skill ram for some reason it says im not in dual channel? even though i literally removed and replaced the ram in the exact same spot on my motherboard. anyone got any ideas why its like this?

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/39403100

the dram status in my bios also says 2133mhz but i have docp on and in the advanced settings it says 3600mhz. can anybody shed some info as to why?
also in hwinfo it says its at 2133/2mhz for each ram but windows task manager, CPUZ and the userbenchmark says its at 3600mhz

Last edited: