Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Premier Pro has an option for deinterlacing the entire project. Is it
adviseable to do perform that option or only a particular troublesome frame?

"Tony" <tonz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:jWXkc.7897$IG1.227197@attbi_s04...

> Premier Pro has an option for deinterlacing the entire project. Is it
> adviseable to do perform that option or only a particular troublesome frame?

Only on the troublesome frame (and there are likely better
means of deinterlacing a frame grab than using Premiere...),
otherwise all of the advantages of interlacing will be lost,
and you will see on most TVs all the bad side-effects of
deinterlacing motion-video. Not sure why people assume
that interlacing is bad - it is there for a *very* useful
purpose: smoothing motion in a slow-frame-rate medium...
--
David Ruether
rpn1@cornell.edu

Can't answer that unless you specify what you are targeting as your output
medium. If it is a low rez web file of some sort then, yes, deinterlace in
the setup of Premiere's EXPORT function.

If it is NTSC video then I would not suggest deinterlacing ANYTHING that has
moving footage in it. Deinterlacing methods remove data or interpolate and
yield lower resolution images.