Delay On Everything?

HuskyPsycho

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2015
Past 2 days programs that used to open automatically when my pc starts (steam,skype,displayfusion,overwolf) have stop starting... even my internet bars (i use wifi on my desktop) seem like they are searching for a connection yet im online and can browse the web..steam starts only when i go to task manager,ENDING the proccess then re-opening it... that goes for all apps that i have set to open on startup. I;ve also noticed that it takes 3-4 seconds to show me (on chrome) that the downloading process has started when i try to downlaod a picture (save as..). Finally i delete things and they stay where they are... i try to delete them again and a message pops up that says the file doesnt exist... after several seconds the file disapears.. i can't bear with it anymore and im starting to get very annoyed.. any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Solution
I have a feeling that it is a virus or some malware. Please check the processes and see if you find anything unusual there. I also recommend to scan your system for any malware!

Seankay

Respectable
Jul 20, 2016
I have a feeling that it is a virus or some malware. Please check the processes and see if you find anything unusual there. I also recommend to scan your system for any malware!

Solution

HuskyPsycho

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2015

After reading your helpful reply i went ahead and downloaded Avast! since i dont own an antivirus for years now... i feel im pretty safe without it (since i cant stand it miss-blocking programs that i might use.). I performed a thourough scan and there were dozens of contaminated files (usually involving chrome!). They are now deleted and as i can see everything is back to normal.

Thanks for the tip... i was afraid it was some kind of hardware issue.

Seankay

Respectable
Jul 20, 2016

Glad to help you! I recommend you to keep it and scan your system on weekly or bi-weekly basis :)