Delayed or absent POST

Apr 4, 2018
Hey, everyone. Been having an odd series of problems that started with an event last October.

A glitch while trying to get an online game going with a friend resulted in a full-system lockup, after which I could reach the POST beep but Windows wouldn't load. Nothing worked short of a full OS reinstallation.

Since then, I've been having an occasional problem wherein it will take several restarts to hear the single POST beep, and sometimes it is delayed 10-20 seconds longer than usual.

I've also had a couple of crashes related to the graphics driver, despite being updated per the manufacturer's site, and strangely enough I also had an incident wherein I was stuck on the Loading Windows animation that was only resolved by disabling my wireless driver in safe mode, restarting, and re-enabling the wireless driver once logged in again.

For what it's worth, I have also seen this computer lock up completely when the wireless card was jostled, so I suspect shenanigans there, but the driver has been updated and I'm not sure how it would interact with POST anyway.

Would love any guidance in trying to diagnose or rule out a hardware fault; I plan to replace the wireless card anyway, but I'd love to feel at ease that this isn't a gradual PSU or mobo failure.

Solution
you will have to check with him how is router detect your wireless and let hope it did not put any limit on the net usage in the router for you .
Apr 4, 2018

Sadly that won't be an option on a long-term basis, due to our location a floor above where the landlords keep the router. I might able to talk them into it for diagnostic purposes, though.