Question Delayed typing after power failure while using my pc

SlimE_1

Commendable
Feb 14, 2017
After we had a power failure in our house while I was using my pc, my typing is now delayed all over windows programs. When I am typing, the characters are typed way slower on my screen than I am typing. This really annoys me and makes me "misstype" much more because of that. I have like 65 words per minute on typeracer, so that's kinda a reference to how fast I type. The typing delay thing is not selected under windows. I also tried uninstalling programs and reinstalling then but it literally stays the same. Chrome, Visual Studio Code, Discord, etc... It annoys me a lot, I need some help..

Mandark

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2002
The power failure could’ve damaged components inside your PC which may now need to be repaired. Keyboards are relatively cheap and if you have a spare one plug that into your USB port and see if that clears up the problem

onespeedbiker

Prominent
Apr 13, 2019
First plug your Keyboard (or sender) into another USB socket.
Windows 10 also has a troubleshooter for both your Keyboard and Bluetooth if you have a wireless keyboard.. Click on the notice bubble at the lower right corner of the screen, choose All Settings (click "expand" if you don't see it) > Updates and Security> Troubleshoot. or Hold down the Windows key press the S key and start typing "trouble" and the Troubleshooting link will show up.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY