Delayed write error windows xp

makenoiz

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Windows XP 32 SP3. Have C drive (OS) and another data physical Drive (E and F Drive). Was getting Delayed Write Errors on F and E drive when running scans and when doing remote backups. I disconnected The E : F: drive and replaced it with an External Drive. I had to rename the new drive F; due to my remote backup. Everything was good for about 20 hours and I just got a Delayed Write Error on F. Im at a loss.

Delayed Write errors indicate that the operating system has lost contact with the drive and can't access it. Not a good situation. I'd use a program that can report the drive's SMART error counters (such as DiskCheckup) to see if there's a problem with the drive or the cabling.

makenoiz

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
For me it ended up being my USB phone charger for my Eris - go figure right? I have unplugged it and no more error.

I still have not reconnected the E/F drive but I was getting the error even after I disconnected it until I unplugged the phone charger!

Ill plug in the E/F drive again and see if the error returns but my guess is, it wont.

Thanks