"delete" button hangs up in Windows photo gallery

Kelly Miller

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
When I try to delete a photo in windows photo gallery...it hangs up or freezes. I have a lot of photos I would like to delete, but at this pace I could be here a long time. Thanks in advance

Solution
That sound like you should error check your hard drive. While in file explorer, right click on the c drive (or d drive or wherever your pictures are stored), goto tools and run the error checking. If it is the c drive, it needs a reboot.
Hi Kelly, please help us a bit with the full specs of you system. Are we talking about a laptop or desktop? Which windows version is it? Are the picture stored on an internal or external hard disk? Can you delete the picture files in explorer directly?

Kelly Miller

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013

It is a desktop Vista OS. I'm not sure if it is internal or external. All I know is when I click on a picture in Windows photo gallery, it will enlarge the pic& underneath the picture is a "back button", "forward button" "counterclockwise", "clockwise" buttons & an "X" ( to delete). I try to delete a picture & it freezes up. I went to Windows Update
to update this program, but there is not a update for Vista. This program came with the
computer. I use Firefox..so not sure about IE to delete.

Kelly Miller

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013

It hangs up also, it took 95 sec for the box to ask if I wanted to delete this picture.

That sound like you should error check your hard drive. While in file explorer, right click on the c drive (or d drive or wherever your pictures are stored), goto tools and run the error checking. If it is the c drive, it needs a reboot.

Solution