Question delete dd-wrt from my netgear Knighthawk r7000 back to stock netgear firmware so I can install tomato firmware instead

Kinnyr90

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2012
Hi I was wondering if anyone could maybe send me an article or something that shows me how to delete the dd-wrt firmware that is on my nighthak netgear router model r7000 and revert back to stock firmware so I can install tomato firmware latest version in this router instead

Thank you. I'm using the router hard wired through ethernet. I have wireless turned off in dd-wrt.

Thank you!

Kinnyr90

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2012
Use the upgrade tab just like you did installing DD-WRT the first time. And I would reset to defaults.
Okay. Got it done. Let me ask though and this question is really for anyone that can see it I guess. Not really sure if only you can see this message, but, If anyone has a Nighthawk AC1900 Model # (R7000) Can anyone tell me if they are able to install Tomato firmware on it? It says it's compatable with both dd-wrt and tomato firmware. When I try to install tomato firmware it says it's not compatable with this router. And I know that it is. So if anyone knows of a fix or a workaround, instead of getting another router, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!!

Third party firmware is a pain to get right files many times. Not sure about your router but some have different hardware revisions and need different images. Also many will not directly go from one third party vendor to the other you need to load the factory firmware back.

I used to play with all these things but now that my internet speed is much fast I have discovered that I had to make a choice use fancy router features or get the raw speed. The cpu in even the fastest routers quickly bottlenecks a connection. You really need to use a actual computer to keep up with internet connections and use many of the features. Even the factory images have a large number of features you can not use without bottle necking your fast connection.

Kinnyr90

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2012
Third party firmware is a pain to get right files many times. Not sure about your router but some have different hardware revisions and need different images. Also many will not directly go from one third party vendor to the other you need to load the factory firmware back.

I used to play with all these things but now that my internet speed is much fast I have discovered that I had to make a choice use fancy router features or get the raw speed. The cpu in even the fastest routers quickly bottlenecks a connection. You really need to use a actual computer to keep up with internet connections and use many of the features. Even the factory images have a large number of features you can not use without bottle necking your fast connection.

I got tomato on My router and I have wireless completley disabledAs I do not use it but I was wondering if maybe you know How to clone my mac address to use the one that my computer uses with an ethernet cat 7 connection? Also is there a reboot button in the tomato firmware? I have looked and I do not see it? I will figure outmyself how have ipvanish working with the tomato firmware with my r7000 router from netgear NightHawk