Delete Directory Inf File

Hi guys
Anybody help me i am not able to delete a directory using inf file fr
uninstalling my application.

Please better explain your problem. You should not be able to delete a
directory using an .inf file

--
Regards

Ron Badour, MS MVP for W98
Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
Knowledge Base Info:

<better11@rediffmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys
> Anybody help me i am not able to delete a directory using inf file fr
> uninstalling my application.

lee

As Ron suggests there is no way to do that directly, but one can do a
few workarounds and get it done anyway. The first requires that you
create and place a shortcut in your application's folder and then when
you remove the shortcut at uninstallation that proceedure is suposed to
zap the folder that the shortcut is in as well. This trick was meant
to be used for program groups starting from the Start Menu hierarchy
and you will have to define your application folder likewise, by group
- I never did get it to work right here. See the Help for WillyPad
here.
http://snoopy81.ifrance.com/snoopy81/download.htm

2nd method is to place into the RunOnce Key something of the following
ilk:
rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\advpack.dll,DelNodeRunDLL32
"C:\WINDOWS\Installer\InstMsi0"

Which would delete the C:\Windows\Installer\InstMsi0 folder if it
exists. Depending on the method of inf launch, the folder may
disappear right away or it will disappear at the next boot. Right
click inf 'Install' method will zap it right now, 'Active' Install will
zap it at next reboot.

3rd method is to use Wininit.ini script as per WillyPad Help, but note
that 95's Wininit.exe can not do folders, only files, where 98's does
both. Win95 doesn't seem to mind using 98's Wininit.exe though if you
are making a multi-platform installation package, you just have to
include and copy over 98's Wininit.exe. This method only works at the
next boot.