Delete my account!

Alexandros76

Reputable
Sep 16, 2015
I tried to delete my account and it says the password is wrong but IT IS NOT I can use it to login but not to delete the account!

There is no support system. I only found an email contact but there is no answer after weeks.
I'm really dissapointed from this site because it's too big, too popular? Hundreds of questions in short time making one, it's easy but getting an answer... is something to wish for.

I asked a question a very detailed one and never got an answer.
So I had no reason to keep the account, it's a good thing I didn't use my main email address. So I don't really care if it remains active or not.

Unfortunately, our deletion system is out of action as part of the move to a new account registration system. No ETA yet.

Getting answers is always kind of random on forums, and can come down to just how interesting the title looks.

I really don't get why people are so nuts about deleting accounts, though... you can disable us sending you any email pretty easily.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Well, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. Admittedly, our contact information is out of date; trying to get our FAQ page updated has been on ongoing struggle, and I really apologize for that. However, any moderator would have been happy to assist you or direct you to me.

Not all questions get answered. You may have posted it at a time when nobody with the necessary knowledge was around to respond to it. These things happen, but I'm sorry you didn't get the help you wanted. I don't necessarily think it's a reason to delete your account, but that is your choice and we respect that and will help you do so to the best of our ability.

Unfortunately, account deletion is currently disabled while kinks in our new login system are worked out. It is taking longer than expected due to multiple delays and other roadblocks. I don't have an exact date when this functionality will be returned, but the optimistic estimate from the devs hoped it would be some time this week, though we will see.